36~ Unexpected Encounters

Authors pov

Lila and Noah were enjoying their time at the park with their classmates, playing games on the soft grass while their teachers kept a watchful eye on the group. Lila’s laughter filled the air as she ran after a butterfly, her little legs pumping with excitement. Noah, on the other hand, was starting to feel a bit bored. He stood up, dusting off his clothes, and glanced around the park, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Lila, let's go," Noah whispered, tugging at his sister’s arm. Lila looked up at her brother, her eyes wide with surprise as she tried to process what he was saying.

"Wh-where are we g-g-going?" Lila stuttered, her small voice filled with concern as she tugged back on Noah’s shirt, trying to stop him from moving. Her speech, already a struggle, became more difficult as worry crept into her mind.

Noah stomped his foot on the ground, a determined look on his face. "It'll be more fun away from here. We can explore!" he whispered excitedly, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Lila hesitated for a moment, her brow furrowing in confusion. "R-r-really?" she asked, her voice trembling as she tried to keep up with her brother’s enthusiasm.

Noah nodded eagerly, his hand reaching out to grab Lila's. She took it, trusting her brother’s words, and together they began to walk away from the group, slowly distancing themselves from the watchful eyes of their teachers.

As they wandered further into the park, their innocent eyes took in the beauty around them—the towering trees, the vibrant flowers, and the warm sunshine filtering through the leaves. They were too absorbed in their surroundings to notice when they left the safety of the park and wandered onto the main road.

Lila was the first to notice the large car speeding toward them. Her eyes widened in fear, and she began to cry, her small body trembling as she tugged at Noah’s arm to get his attention. "N-Noah! N-noah!" she stuttered desperately, her voice filled with terror.

Noah, finally snapping out of his daydream, turned to see the car approaching. His heart leaped into his throat as he realized the danger they were in. But before the car could reach them, it came to a screeching halt, stopping just in time.

The car door opened, and a strikingly handsome man stepped out, followed by five others, all with looks of concern etched on their faces. Jimin, the first to approach the children, immediately began scolding them. "What the hell are you doing on the road? Where are your parents?" he demanded, his voice harsh with worry.

Noah’s eyes filled with tears, and he began to cry in response to the harsh tone. Taehyung quickly stepped forward, smacking Jimin on the head. "Yah, they're just kids! Be gentle," he scolded, before kneeling in front of Lila and Noah, his expression softening as he gently wiped their tears. "Shh, it's okay. Where are your parents?" he asked softly.

Lila hiccuped, her tears still flowing as she stuttered, "I-I want m-m-mummy."

Noah, still sniffling, nodded in agreement. "Mummy… I want mummy too."

Yoongi sighed, stepping forward. "We can take you to your mummy," he said, trying to comfort the children.

Jin, however, groaned in the background. "But we were supposed to go to that bakery!"

The others rolled their eyes at Jin’s complaint. "These kids need their parents more than we need pastries," Yoongi replied firmly.

Namjoon crouched down to the children’s level, his gentle eyes studying their faces. "Are you two twins?" he asked, his voice calm and soothing.

Lila and Noah nodded, their tears slowly drying up as they began to feel safer in the presence of the older boys. Namjoon smiled softly. "Who are your parents?"

"M-mummy…" Lila whispered, still playing with her fingers nervously. "M-mummy is h-home."

The six brothers shared a glance, all of them feeling an inexplicable connection to the two small children. Jungkook, who had been quiet up until now, stepped forward and ruffled Lila’s hair, causing her to blush and hide her face in Noah’s neck.

They chuckled at her shyness. Namjoon smiled and asked, "Do you know where you live? We can take you home."

Noah’s eyes lit up. "I can navigate to our house!" he declared proudly.

Jin chuckled, shaking his head. "Where did you learn such big words, kiddo?"

"Mummy taught me," Noah responded, his voice filled with admiration.

The six brothers exchanged looks of admiration and curiosity. They couldn't help but wonder who this mother was who had raised such bright, adorable children. The thought of meeting her sparked something deep within them, though they had no idea it was Hoseok.

Taehyung sighed and lifted Lila into his arms, while Yoongi gently picked up Noah. The two children nestled into their arms, feeling safe and secure. The group of brothers then returned to the car, placing the children inside before driving off.