34~ A Night of Unforgettable Pain

Authors pov

Hoseok stood in front of his children, his face pale and avoiding their worried gazes. The marks on his back were clearly visible, and the concern in his children's eyes only deepened his anguish.

Trying to shift their focus, Hoseok forced a weak smile. "How about some ice cream?" he asked, though his voice quivered.

Noah and Lila weren't enthused. They exchanged glances, clearly unsettled by the sight of Hoseok's back. Noah, who usually tried to be brave, began to cry. Lila soon followed suit, her stuttering growing more unpronounced as she sobbed.

"Mummy, your back..." noah cried, tears streaming down his face.

Lila, hiccuping and barely able to speak through her tears, reached out with trembling arms. "I-I don't w-want you to h-hurt."

Hoseok's eyes filled with tears. He bent down, gathering both children into his arms despite the ketchup smeared on his chest and shoulders. "Shh, it's okay. Mummy's fine," he said, though his voice was strained with emotion.

He carried them gently to the bathroom, where he washed them up, careful not to cause any more distress. He dressed them in clean clothes and led them to their beds. But as soon as they were laid down, they started crying even harder.

"I want to stay with Mummy," Noah cried. He outstretched her tiny arms towards Hoseok.

Hoseok's lips wobbled as he tried to keep his composure. "Alright, alright," he whispered, his voice cracking. He scooped them up once more and carried them to his own room.

He lay down on his bed, opening his arms wide. The twins immediately latched onto him, their small bodies trembling with their sobs. Hoseok's own tears continued to flow silently as he held them close, patting their backs gently.

He continued to soothe them until their cries slowly faded into quiet whimpers and they finally drifted off to sleep, clinging to their mother's half-naked body. Hoseok's tears soaked into their hair as he kept a tight hold on them, covering his mouth to muffle his heart-wrenching sobs.

The marks on his back brought back vivid memories of the past-the cruel punishment inflicted by those six men. He could still feel the sting of the whip, the searing pain as it cut through his skin, the warmth of his own blood dripping down his back, and the relentless pain as they continued to whip him. He could hear his own desperate pleas for mercy and remember what happened afterward.

Hoseok sniffled, taking a deep breath as he tried to steady himself. His heart ached with the weight of these memories, and he longed to forget them, to find solace in the quiet presence of his children.

As he lay there, his sobs gradually subsided. He focused on the gentle rise and fall of his children's breathing, their peaceful slumber a small comfort amidst his pain. Hoseok kept his arms around them, silently mourning not only for his own suffering but for the innocence of his children, who had been dragged into this turmoil.

I wanna hug hobi so badly🥺