Chapter Thirty-Eight: Moving to Porto

Adriana took a deep breath as she padded over to Iker, she wrapped her arms around her fiancé and pressed a kiss to his cheek; she knew that he was upset and she wished that there was something that she could do. 

The decision had been made and Iker had signed for Porto since Real Madrid were so desperate to get rid of him so that they could sign someone else; it was a done deal and there was nothing to do but move now. 

"I'm sorry," Adriana whispered looking to Iker, she knew that he hadn't wanted to leave instead he would have been happy to stay until his contract ended in two years but that clearly wasn't going to happen. 

Iker shook his head and wrapped his arms around Adriana, he was sure that going to Porto would be just fine for them and he hoped that they would be able to settle there. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Iker murmured kissing Adriana, he wasn't looking forward to the move and he was going to have to get used to pulling on a jersey that wasn't Real Madrid. 

Adriana hugged Iker and wished that there was something that she could do, she wanted to make this easier for him; she didn't want Iker to suffer because things hadn't worked out. 

"I've been looking at apartments," Iker mused trying to find the light side to all of this, he wanted Adriana and Martin to be comfortable and he hoped that the apartment that he had picked would be okay. 

Adriana nodded her head, she didn't care where they lived as long as Iker was happy again; she knew that he was hurting and there was nothing that she could do about it. 

Adriana couldn't believe how stupid Real Madrid was being about letting him go, she wanted to scream and cry over it but she needed to focus on Iker so she was staying quiet; he needed her and she wasn't going to let him down.

***

Adriana tried to settle a fussy Martin as she carried the five month old, she whispered softly to him knowing the paparazzi that were following them were upsetting the infant; she knew it was a big deal right now. 

Iker had completed his final press conference as a Real Madrid player that afternoon and the family had then flown out to Porto so that he could sign for the club; everyone wanted to see him after what had happened. 

Iker made sure that they had everything, he glared at the paparazzi that was getting a little too close to for comfort; he wanted nothing more than to get out of their sight. 

"Ready?" Adriana asked making sure that they had everything, she was a little nervous about being in the Portuguese city but she was going to have to get used to it. 

Iker nodded his head, he was going to be glad to get this over and done with; he had pre-season soon and he wanted to be settled before he left with Porto on their pre-season. 

Jenny had travelled with the couple to help them get settled, she was still shocked at the fact that Iker wouldn't be playing for Real Madrid anymore but she knew that this move could be good for him and she would miss him in Madrid. 

Martin whimpered at the flash of cameras, he buried his head into his mother's neck as they walked out of the airport and towards the car that had been sent to pick them up.

Iker was quick to make sure that Adriana and Martin were in the car safely before he moved to join them; Jenny handled anything else knowing that this was stressful enough for the family and she wanted to help. 

Adriana offered Iker a small smile when they started to move away from the airport, it was going to be a long day and she couldn't wait to reach their new apartment. 

Iker leant back in the seat and watched the world move by, he knew that this was it and there would be no going back for him now; the next two years of his life would be spent here.

***

"This is nice," Adriana mused after she had settled Martin down for his nap, she was surprised at how nice the new apartment was and she was sure they would learn to love it in time. 

Adriana looked at Iker and sighed, she could see that he was still upset about being forced out and she wished that there was something that she could do to cheer him up; she hated that he was so down about all of this. 

Adriana grinned as a plan formed in her head, she knew that Iker was distracted for a moment by watching television and it gave her a chance to prepare; she sneaked towards their master bedroom and quickly freshened up. 

Adriana pulled on the purple lace babydoll that she had picked up while out shopping with her friends, she didn't know when she would get that chance again but she was going to make sure that things were going to be okay. 

Adriana looked at herself in the mirror, she was a little bit nervous about this and she hoped it would cheer Iker up; she took a deep breath before she padded out of the bedroom. 

"Iker are you coming to bed?" Adriana asked slowly approaching her fiancé, she smiled softly as he turned to look at her; she watched while he blinked taking in what she was wearing. 

Iker opened his mouth to say something before he closed it again, he couldn't believe that his fiancée was wearing something so sexy; he swallowed as she moved to sit on his lap. 

"You need to relax amor," Adriana said moving to kiss his lips, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders so she didn't fall off his lap while she kissed his cheeks. 

Iker nodded his head, his dark eyes watching Adriana closely and he wondered what his fiancée had planned; he hadn't been expecting this on their first night in their new home.

"Why don't we take this to the bedroom?" Adriana teased getting to her feet, she smirked at the sight of Iker's hard-on and she knew her outfit had the desired affect; she took him by the hand making Iker get to his feet. 

Slowly the couple headed for the bedroom, it was going to take them some time to get used to their new home but they would miss the house that they had left behind in Madrid. 

Iker followed Adriana eagerly, he was glad that she was trying to take his mind off what had happened; he couldn't help but replay in his mind the fact that he was no longer a Real Madrid player. 

Porto would be good for him and that Iker was sure of that, he wasn't looking forward to the small chance that he could be playing Real Madrid in the champion's league but he would have to deal with it. 

"Stop thinking," Adriana murmured pushing Iker so that he could sit down on their bed, she could just tell that he was thinking about what had happened and that wasn't his fault in anyway. 

Iker nodded his head watching Adriana curious about what she was going to do, he leant back on the bed as she moved to make sure that they wouldn't disturb Martin; his brown eyes travelled along her long legs as she moved about. 

Adriana walked back over to Iker and straddled him, she kissed her fiancé hoping this would take his mind off what had happened; she gently pushed him back until he was laying completely flat on the bed. 

Iker rested his hands on Adriana's hips, he let the thoughts of the day drift out of his mind and he focused on the beautiful woman that he was going to be spending the rest of his life with. 

Iker rolled them over so that he was on top of Adriana, he honestly had no idea what he would do if she had remained in Madrid.

###

Author's Note: 

I guess we all know where the inspiration for this chapter came from :-(