Chapter Fourteen: Confirmation

Iker took a deep breath as he pulled up outside of the IVF Clinic Madrid, he couldn't believe that they were going to get a confirmation for Adriana's pregnancy; it was the one thing that they needed right now before anything else could happen. 

Adriana might have taken several pregnancy tests but Iker wanted to be perfectly sure that she was pregnant before they took the next step of her moving in. 

Adriana would be moving in for the rest of the pregnancy and Iker was looking forward to bonding with her a little more during the pregnancy of his first child. 

Iker climbed out of the car and looked around, he didn't know what to expect from today but he knew that it was going to be one of many appointments that he would attend with Adriana. 

Nothing was too expensive for his baby and Iker was already seeking out the best midwife in Madrid to look after Adriana and the baby during the pregnancy; he wanted nothing but the best for them. 

"Iker," Adriana called walking across the car park to meet him, she was a little nervous about today and she hoped that the doctor had some good news for them. 

Adriana pocketed her mobile, she was glad to be here since she couldn't deal with anymore of Marco's whining about her plans if she was expecting Iker's baby right now. 

Marco wanted her to come back to Barcelona, he had so many events coming up for his hospital and he needed his beautiful fiancée on his arm if he wanted to make any sort of impact. 

Marco was also less than pleased to hear that Adriana would be going to Egypt for a little over a week with Iker; he didn't trust the footballer especially given the fact that Iker was a very single man and he was sure that Xavi was trying to set them up. 

Iker smiled at Adriana, he was so excited about what the doctor had to say to them and he was sure that it would only get better as Adriana's pregnancy progressed and his baby grew.

***

Iker bounced his knee as he watched the doctor check Adriana over, he knew that this was necessary but he couldn't help being nervous; he wanted to know everything was alright with her and the baby. 

"Everything looks good," the doctor informed Iker with a nod of his head, he smiled at the footballer who looked so nervous right now; he guessed that this was his first and he had checked the file about the pair before calling them in. 

It wasn't unusual to get cases like this and the doctor wanted to be sure that everything was prepared for what would happen after Adriana handed the baby over. 

"It does indeed look like you are pregnant Miss Hernandez," the doctor said checking Adriana's bloodwork, she moved to sit down and nodded at the doctor; she'd had morning sickness the last couple of weeks and she was just here to confirm it. 

Iker took a nervous breath, he had no idea what else needed to be said but he knew the clinic had a lot to discuss with them even with the paper work that was in place. 

"Now I'll just do a scan to be sure that everything looks alright," the doctor informed signalling for Adriana to sit back on the examination table, he moved to get the machine while Iker watched him curiously.

Iker tapped his fingers against his leg watching Adriana pull up her blouse a little so that the doctor had access to her stomach; in a few months she would have a bump and Iker couldn't wait for that moment. 

Adriana took a deep breath, she flinched at the cold gel that was put on her stomach before she closed her eyes; she was going to have to get used to the fact that she was going to have Iker's baby. 

Iker watched in awe as the doctor started to scan Adriana's stomach, he stared at the screen watching for some sign of his baby; he smiled at the small dot that appeared on the screen. 

"There is the baby," the doctor pointed out on the screen, the dot was easy to see and everything was looking fine; he turned to look at Iker who was staring amazed at the small dot on the screen that was going to be his baby. 

Adriana peeked at the screen, she felt a lump in her throat and she knew that she was going to have to get used to it; at least with this surrogacy, she didn't have to watch an overly happy couple. 

"Would you like a scan?" the doctor asked Iker, he smiled at the footballer who seemed so happy and he knew that it was going to be a long pregnancy; Iker nodded his head eagerly making the doctor move to print of a scan for him. 

Iker peeked at Adriana, he knew that she wouldn't be receiving one but it did feel odd for him; he swallowed knowing that she was only here to carry the baby and wouldn't have any use for scans. 

"Now have you discussed how the hand over will take place?" the doctor asked knowing most people waited until the baby was conceived to make sure that everything was alright before they started make plans on what would happen. 

Adriana took some tissue and wiped off her stomach, she chewed on her lip a little and nodded her head; she was prepared for what would happen and she knew it was going to be a tough few months. 

"We have," Iker mumbled peeking at Adriana, the plan was for Adriana to deliver the baby and for the baby to be removed as quickly as possible afterwards with no contact at all; it would be easier for Adriana if they didn't put handing over the baby off. 

Iker would be present for the birth and he would ensure that everything went perfectly before leaving to go home with the baby; he would have what he wanted and Adriana would complete her final surrogacy. 

"Good... and Miss Hernandez you have set up your own aftercare?" the doctor asked turning his attention back to Adriana, he knew that it would be important for her to have the right care after she had handed over the baby.

Iker stared at the doctor confused, he didn't know what the doctor was talking about and he knew that Adriana had gone over a lot of details for the birth of the baby; she hadn't said anything to him about aftercare. 

"I have... it's all organised back in Barcelona," Adriana replied softly, she didn't look at Iker knowing that she wouldn't be seeing him again after this; she would have people looking after her to make sure that she could cope with handing over the baby and dealt with how she would feel. 

The doctor nodded his head and moved to fill in some paperwork before he left the room to go and get the scan for Iker; he knew that things would work out perfectly fine. 

"Aftercare?" Iker asked once they were alone, he didn't like the idea that she hadn't told him about this; Adriana's health was important to him and he would pay for anything that she needed. 

Iker could only imagine what the aftercare was for, he knew that it would be hard for Adriana when she handed over the baby and he wanted to make things easier for her. 

"It doesn't matter," Adriana replied with a shake of her head, aftercare was so that she could move on from the child that she had given to Iker; she didn't want to have it linked with him when she was trying to move on. 

Adriana had used this system before when she had handed over a baby to a same-sex couple, she had spent time in therapy so she didn't think of the little girl that she had given to them that she would never see. 

Iker stared at Adriana, he didn't believe her for a moment and he wished that she would tell him how she felt.