Chapter 7

Quitting work

After work yesterday afternoon, Ji Chunshan came to Yicuixuan and spent the money he had saved for more than half a year to buy a silver bracelet. Then he went to find the widow Sun to please her, hoping to get what he wanted and live a carefree life. However, he did not even see the widow Sun. He was directly rejected and the bracelet was not given away.

Frustrated and depressed, Ji Chunshan went to drink with two or three friends to vent. Everyone knew about it and spoke to comfort him. The topic unconsciously turned to Ji Chunshan's husband Ye Qinglan. There was a man with a pointed mouth and monkey cheeks at the table. He was a cleaning errand boy in Piaoxiangyuan in the town. Seeing that Ji Chunshan hated Ye Qinglan very much, he came up with an idea so that Ji Chunshan could vent his anger without hurting anyone.

The idea was to take out a few of the discarded and damaged items that Zhu Wang had collected from Piaoxiang Courtyard and give them to Ji Chunshan, asking him to go back and use them on Ye Qinglan, which would definitely make him suffer. This move was exactly what Ji Chunshan wanted. Just thinking about the suffering that Ye Qinglan would suffer, he felt that the depression in his heart dissipated a lot, and he thanked Zhu Wang repeatedly.

After drinking a few more glasses of wine, the sky gradually darkened. Although Ji Chunshan was drunk, he was in high spirits and returned to Anping Village in the dark. Then, he threatened Ji Ningxu, forcing Ye Qinglan to submit and suffer all night. When dawn came, Ji Chunshan fell to the ground inexplicably, and his soul and body were separated.

The original body was determined to get Widow Sun, so he spent a lot of money to buy the silver bracelet, but he didn't know that Widow Sun was afraid to avoid him, so why would she change her mind because of a small bracelet? It's just that the original body never saw it clearly. Although Ji Chunshan has the memory of the original body, he has not inherited the original body's emotions. He has no obsession with Widow Sun and will not associate with her in the future. I think Widow Sun is also happy to see this.

The silver bracelet is useless, so Ji Chunshan came to Yicuixuan and planned to return it for some silver money, which should be enough for buying medicine and other things.

As soon as he entered the shop, he saw several female customers leaning against the counter, holding an exquisite golden phoenix hairpin with a pearl in its mouth, looking at them carefully and talking to each other. Because they were facing away, I didn't know what they looked like or how old they were, but I saw that two of them were wearing silk shirts and skirts, with jade rings and gold hairpins, they should be young ladies and masters, and there was a woman next to each of them, who was dressed much worse, probably a maid or servant.

Ji Chunshan glanced at them and then looked away. There was a waiter in the store serving those female guests, but there was another person who was idle. When he saw Ji Chunshan coming in, he didn't look down on him because of his vulgar clothes, and greeted him with a smile.

"I don't know what this guest wants to see, our store--" The waiter didn't finish his words because Ji Chunshan stretched out his hand and handed him a purse.

"Brother, please take a look at this."

The clerk took the purse, opened it, and took out a hollow silver bracelet with twined branches weighing about two taels. The clerk recognized that the purse was from his family, and he guessed the purpose of Ji Chunshan's visit, but still asked, "What do you mean, sir?"

Ji Chunshan said, "I bought this bracelet from your store yesterday afternoon. I originally wanted it as a birthday gift for my wife, but before the birthday came, my wife unfortunately fell ill. Because the family is short of money, I have to return this bracelet to raise money for medicine."