Chapter 37

Complaint

After entering the main room, the voice of Wen Shi was heard from the inner room. It happened to be talking about the Jin family. After Aunt Wu left, Wen Shi would occasionally come to the house to sit. Ji Chunshan was not surprised. It was good to have someone to talk to Ye Qinglan.

"Li Ergou's father and the father of the Jin family siblings were sworn brothers. Later, the wives of the two families gave birth to a boy and a girl one after another, so they arranged a marriage. Although Jin Feng's father passed away early and the Jin family's financial situation was not as good as before, the Li family did not break the engagement and still married him into the family with three matchmakers and six betrothals."

"One year after entering the house, Jin Jie'er had a daughter, but she didn't expect that Li Ergou's father would pass away within two or three years. Without his suppression, the Jin family had no elders to support them. Jin Jie'er was bullied by her mother-in-law. She was originally pregnant for eight months, and the male fetus that had formed was also tossed away. They also blamed Jin Jie'er for not being able to keep the child and drove Jin Jie'er out of the Li family. But everyone knows that it was Li Ergou's lover who got pregnant and wanted to take over Jin Jie'er's status as his wife. "

Wen was sewing a shoe sole in her hand, and her usually gentle and smiling face was full of anger when she spoke.

Ye Qinglan thought about it after listening, and asked: "How many years after Li Ergou's father passed away did Jin Jie'er get divorced?"

"Four years. Jin Jie'er's daughter Daya died when she was more than three years old. When she was divorced, Daya was less than eight years old. I don't know how much she suffered at the hands of that cruel stepmother," Wen shook her head and sighed with pity.

Ye Qinglan got the answer but smiled and said, "In this case, it will be easy."

Wen Shi didn't understand, so she asked, "What will be easy?"

Ye Qinglan glanced at Ji Chunshan who had just entered the room. Ji Chunshan had heard what Wen Shi had just said, and his eyes met with Ye Qinglan's. In an instant, he understood what Ye Qinglan meant.

Ye Qinglan continued, "The Li family divorced a wife for having no children, but they didn't know that there were three other reasons besides the seven reasons. They couldn't divorce a wife who had no place to go, couldn't divorce a wife who had been in mourning for three years, and couldn't divorce a woman who had been poor and rich. But Jin Jieer had mourned for her father-in-law for three years, and she couldn't be divorced unless she had a serious illness or committed adultery."

"Can't be divorced? But she's already divorced, what else can we do?" Ye Qinglan's previous words were very literary, and Wen Shi didn't understand them very well, but she heard the last sentence very clearly. But what's the use of knowing now, the woman has already been divorced.

Ye Qinglan smiled and said, "Don't worry, sister-in-law. Since Jin Jie'er cannot be divorced, the divorce letter is just a piece of waste paper and has no effect. Jin Jie'er is still the daughter-in-law of the Li family."

After hearing what Ye Qinglan said, Wen Shi was delighted, but she immediately thought, even if she is the daughter-in-law of the Li family, what good will it be even if she takes Daya back? Daya will still be sent to the Wan family by Li Ergou.

Ji Chunshan was also a little puzzled at this time, but seeing Ye Qinglan's calm and confident look, he subconsciously felt convinced.

Then he heard Ye Qinglan's clear voice continue: "Li Ergou already had Jin Jie'er as his wife, but he married another woman through three matchmakers and six betrothals, which violated the crime of divorcing a wife and remarrying in the household law--"