Chapter 81

Chapter 81 Divorce

When Ye Qinglan brought Ji Ningxu to Wang's house, Mrs. Du had cleaned the blood stains on Wang Hunter's body and changed him into clean clothes. He didn't look as scary as when he was brought back earlier, but his face was pale and he looked very bad.

Doctor Hu was giving Wang Hunter acupuncture, so he didn't want to interrupt. Mrs. Du took the ginseng slices given by Doctor Hu to make ginseng soup, so he asked Ji Ningxu to accompany Wang Xiaoer, and he went to the kitchen with Mrs. Du to help Du light the fire and scoop water.

The ginseng soup was boiling, and Mrs. Du stared at the flames burning in the stove in a daze. Thinking of Wang Hunter, who was still unconscious lying on the kang, and thinking about the future, she was sad again and cried again.

Hunter Wang has no elders in his family, and his only sister has married far away, and there are no other relatives in the village. Now Hunter Wang has fallen ill, not only has he lost his income, but he also needs someone to take care of him day and night. Wang Xiaoer is still young and can't do anything, so Du has to take care of everything in the family. As a woman, she can imagine the hardships.

Ye Qinglan had known that Mrs. Du would do this, so he followed her. At this time, he comforted her: "Sister-in-law, please be at ease, don't cry and hurt yourself. Although Brother Wang is seriously injured, Doctor Hu also said that as long as he is well taken care of, he will get better in a few days. Sister-in-law, don't worry too much."

However, Ye Qinglan's comfort did not have much effect. Mrs. Du's tears flowed even more fiercely. She shook her head and choked, "It's so easy. The family is already... Now he has become like this. Not only has he lost his income, but he also has to take expensive medicine every day. There are several mouths to feed. How can he live in the future-"

"This... Sister-in-law, don't worry, but the money at home is a little insufficient?" Ye Qinglan frowned slightly. Although he asked this, he knew the answer was certain. As early as when he knew that Wang Ning'er asked Ji Ningxu for meat pancakes, he felt that something must have happened to the Wang family. Later, Wang the hunter insisted on going into the mountains to hunt despite the danger, which made him understand that the Wang family must be short of money.

Sure enough, after seeing Mrs. Du crying silently for a long time, she finally nodded and said, "I won't hide it from you. There is not even a hundred coins in the family now. Let alone the future, I can't even afford the medicine that Doctor Hu prescribed for my husband today. If it weren't for Brother Ji, I really don't know what to do."

One hundred coins? This is a little less than Ye Qinglan expected. After all, although rural families are self-sufficient in vegetables and food, they still have some other expenses for clothing and sundries. And Ji Chunshan said that Doctor Hu told him that Wang the hunter's injury would take at least three months to recover. How long can a hundred coins last?

After thinking about it, Ye Qinglan said to Mrs. Du: "Don't worry, sister-in-law, you just have to take care of Brother Wang and the children. As for Brother Wang's medicine, you can let Chunshan buy it in the future. If there is anything else missing at home, don't be polite, just let Xiaoer go home and tell him, Chunshan will send it to you."

Wang Liehu and Ji Chunshan are brothers and have a very good relationship. Ji Ningxu and Wang Xiaoer have been playing together since childhood and are as close as brothers. Even though there were some unpleasantness with Mrs. Du, just for the sake of Wang Liehu and Wang Xiaoer, now Wang Liehu is in such a big trouble, Ye Qinglan and others have the ability, so it is not too much to help.

Mrs. Du waved her hand and declined politely: "How can I be embarrassed? No, no, that will cost you too much." But her red and swollen eyes no longer shed tears at this time.