Chapter 73

Good things

After the furniture was delivered and placed, Ji Chunshan began to rummage through the boxes and cabinets, and found a lot of things that he had bought with Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu in the town and the county before, but it was time to use them.

After sending Ye Qinglan and the students to the west room for a temporary lesson, Ji Chunshan carried a pile of things into the inner room of the east room and then got busy. When Ye Qinglan finished the class, he returned to the east room and looked into the inner room, and found that the inner room had changed a lot.

Let's start with the shelf bed against the east wall. The empty bed was now covered with a thin, breathable but light-blocking lotus-colored curtain. A brand new soft cotton cushion was laid on the bed, and a light and plain cotton bed sheet was placed on it. There was also a bright red double quilt embroidered with auspicious dragons and phoenixes and a hundred sons and ten thousand blessings folded inside the bed, and a bright red double soft pillow embroidered with a dark pattern of intertwined branches was placed across the quilt.

A crescent table was placed against the wall under the window above the bed. In the middle of the table stood a combing screen with a glass mirror embedded in it that reflected every detail of a person like a water mirror. On the left side of the screen was Ye's mother's makeup box, and on the right was a plain porcelain candlestick, which was covered with a silk lampshade with flower, bird and fish patterns.

The inner room was not big. In addition to the shelf bed and the half-moon table, there was a round corner cabinet at the end of the bed. In addition, there was only a row of bookshelves against the west wall, and a chaise longue placed by the window in front of the bookshelf.

The chaise longue was also covered with a layer of cushions, and the bookshelf was filled with books and various ornaments by Ji Chunshan. Some of these things were bought by him before, and some were relics of Ye Qinglan's parents. Ji Chunshan had no taboos about these things, and Ye Qinglan didn't want them to stay in the box in the dark, so he picked some of his favorites and asked Ji Chunshan to put them up.

Of course, Ye Qinglan's paintings were also indispensable. Two paintings were hung on the blank walls on both sides of the bookshelf, one on the left and one on the right, which immediately made the whole room more stylish, elegant and unique.

Ye Qinglan walked into the room and took a look. When she saw the red wedding quilt on the bed, she paused. She looked at Ji Chunshan who was laughing happily beside her and said nothing. However, her face seemed to be even redder because of the red quilt.

In the afternoon, Ye Qinglan took the children back to the east room to teach. It was Ji Chunshan who started to clean up the west room for Ji Ningxu. This time, he was more careful and meticulous than cleaning up the room for himself and Ye Qinglan. After all, if Ji Ningxu liked this room at first sight and immediately asked Ye Qinglan to move in, it would be great.

The furniture in the west room was basically the same as that in the east room, but the placement was like a mirror image. The shelf bed was placed against the west wall, and the bookshelf was under the east wall. In addition, there was no chaise longue, and there was an extra desk in front of the bookshelf.

Different from the overall elegant style of the east room, after all, Ji Ningxu is still young, so Ji Chunshan prepared some colorful and interesting decorations, such as the bed curtain, which is a bright but soft goose yellow, and the quilt and pillow on the bed are also bright and fresh light green. In addition to the books that Ye Qinglan specially picked out for Ji Ningxu to read, the rest are all cute, colorful and interesting gadgets that children like.

On the bookshelf, there is a row of twelve zodiac clay dolls that he had made by himself and had Ye Qinglan color them, a cute little rabbit lampshade on the desk, a glass lamp tied to the head of the bed, a windmill standing in front of the window, and a porcelain wind chime hanging on the window sill. Ji Chunshan looked around and nodded with satisfaction, and then he couldn't wait to hug Ji Ningxu.