Chapter 58

Jade Hairpin

Wu Laoda’s house is located to the north of Ji’s house, separated from Ji’s house by a vegetable garden. It was the original Wu’s house. Later, Wu Laoshu bought the Ji’s old house. Wu Laoda lived there for a few days at first, but later he learned about the reason for buying the old house. He couldn’t stand the discussion and sidelong glances of the villagers, so he moved back to the old house with his wife. It was not until the year before last that he finally saved enough money to demolish the old house and build a new one. Although it is not as grand as Ji’s old house, it is already considered good in the village.

Ji Chunshan led the carriage out from the back door, while Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu had already dressed up and waited at the front door. When Ji Chunshan arrived at the front door, Wu Laoda drove the ox cart and arrived at the door of Ji’s house, and Wu Laoshu followed the ox cart.

As soon as he saw Ji Chunshan, he said ashamedly: "Nephew, I'm really sorry. My wife asked her family to take away all the things in your house without telling me. If my eldest son hadn't accompanied her to her family's house a few days ago and saw it, I wouldn't have known it at all. Alas, this prodigal wife did such a thing. I don't even have the face to see you today."

Wu Laoshuan shrugged his shoulders, sighed and looked depressed. His eldest son, Wu Laoda, also lowered his head, looking ashamed and embarrassed.

After selling the house to Ji Chunshan for fifteen taels that day, it would be a lie to say that Wu Laoshuan had no regrets at all. After all, it was fifteen taels, and he would have to save up for five or six years even if he didn't eat or drink. But when his eldest son found out about it and came to his house on his own initiative, saying that he would take them home, he immediately had no regrets at all and happily packed up his things and moved into his eldest son's house. Although it was not as spacious and bright as the old house of the Ji family, he felt more at ease living there than ever before.

Later, the eldest son was about to give the key to Ji Chunshan, but his wife Zhou said that she had left something and wanted to go and get it. He didn't think much about it and let Zhou go. Unexpectedly, Zhou took advantage of this opportunity to let his brothers from his mother's side take away all the belongings in the old house of Ji's family. After that, he was busy with his second son's wedding in the town and didn't notice it until a few days ago, when the eldest son took his wife to Zhou's house to deliver the wedding invitations, he saw the furniture that was originally placed in the old house in Zhou's house and discovered the matter.

Although Ji Chunshan didn't find his family because of his wife's behavior, and he didn't care, he still felt ashamed to see people. Even when Ji Chunshan was picking vegetables in the village, he didn't let his family go. But when the day of the red deed was agreed to go to the county town, they still had to meet, but they couldn't avoid it anyway.

Ji Chunshan didn't look surprised when he heard Wu Laoshuan say this. When he just found that all the furniture in the old house was gone, he guessed that it was probably done by Wu Laoshuan's wife Zhou. After all, Wu Laoshuan didn't even give up fifteen taels. If he couldn't give up those furniture, he could just say it when rewriting the contract. There was no need to go back on his word for a few worthless pieces of junk. Wu Laoda didn't even want to live in the old house, so he didn't care about a few pieces of furniture.

Ji Chunshan had known this and didn't care about it at first. Now he wouldn't care about it with Wu Laoshuan. Seeing that Wu Laoshuan and Wu Laoda both looked like they couldn't lift their heads, he comforted them a few words, but it didn't seem to have much effect.

Soon, Feng Deli also came out of the house. He was a middleman and the village chief. He was most familiar with the county government, so he wanted to go with them. Because Ji Chunshan's carriage was carrying Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu, he took the Wu family's ox cart.