Chapter 143 Donating Land

Just as Ji Chunshan finished speaking, everyone in the room looked very surprised. They didn't expect that Ji Chunshan's request was to go to the graves of Ye's father and mother to worship, instead of what they thought was to adopt a son for Ye's father.

The Ye clan leader was also stunned for a moment and didn't speak for a while, but Ji Chunshan continued: "I know this is against the rules, and the third grandfather must be embarrassed. Here is the deed of 20 acres of land. Qinglan and I gave it to the clan. All the output and interest belong to the clan. If there are families in the clan who are in financial difficulties and can't continue for a while, they can help them a little. It can be regarded as a little thought from Qinglan and me to the clan members." Ji Chunshan took out a deed from his arms and stood up and put it on the table next to the Ye clan leader.

The family of Patriarch Ye is different from that of Ye Fuan. Ji Chunshan knows that Patriarch Ye feels guilty towards Ye Qinglan. Ji Chunshan also knows that. He also knows that even if he does not give out the 20 mu of land, Patriarch Ye will agree to his request in the end, whether it is out of guilt or out of consideration for the old relationship. But he finally gave it out. Because he wants not only one worship, but to do so every year.

Letting married women or women go to the grave to worship their parents is not allowed at all, not to mention in this feudal and ignorant ancient times, even in some conservative and old places in modern times. If Patriarch Ye easily agrees to Ji Chunshan's request, the villagers will not only criticize it, but there will probably be other married daughters or women who will follow suit in the future, which will inevitably cause a lot of trouble.

Even if Patriarch Ye feels guilty at this time, how long can the troubles caused by it last when they come to the door endlessly? Therefore, instead of counting on others' money that may be used up at any time, it is better for him to take out enough chips.

As long as the twenty acres of land are there, no matter when he and Ye Qinglan come, the people of Yejia Village can't say anything, and other people who want to follow suit can only give up the idea because of the existence of the twenty acres of land. After all, let alone twenty acres, even if it is two acres, I am afraid that few of the daughters and Shuang'er who are married in Yejia Village can take it out.

And the twenty acres of land is near Yejia Village. It was originally the land of Ye Fuan's family. Later, Ye Fuan sold the land to save his son, and Ji Chunshan bought it at a price nearly 30% lower than the market price. It was originally prepared for the adoption of Ye's father. Although the matter was later abandoned, Ji Chunshan did not let it go completely, but had a new plan, which was his request to the head of the Ye clan just now.

When he asked Ye Qinglan for his opinion this time, Ye Qinglan did not refuse again. Then, on the second day of the Chinese New Year, they took the land that had been prepared long ago and came to Yejia Village.

If everyone in the room was just surprised when Ji Chunshan said that he wanted to go to the graves of Ye's father and mother to worship, they were completely shocked when he took out the land deed and said that he would give it to the clan.

"... Chunshan, what are you doing? I agree to what you said, but forget about the land. Take it back quickly. It's not easy for you and Brother Lan." The head of the Ye clan came back to his senses and hurriedly took the land deed to return it to Ji Chunshan.

Others did not say anything. After all, the land was given to the clan by Ji Chunshan and Ye Qinglan, not their own family. Only the clan leader Ye Shiwen could decide whether to take it or not. They had no right to say anything. Of course, in addition to that, they were too surprised to speak.

Ji Chunshan had to stand up again, took two quick steps, and helped the head of the Ye clan back to sit on the chair. He took the land deed from the head of the Ye clan, but put it back on the table, and said with a smile: "Third Grandpa, please accept it. Qinglan told me that my father-in-law had received a lot of help from the clan members when he was young, and everyone loved Qinglan when he was young. He has always been grateful. In the past... it was fine, but now we have the ability, and it is right to give back a little. Please help me, Third Grandpa."