Chapter 22

Persimmon Cake

Ji Chunshan returned home. Because he didn't want Ye Qinglan to worry in vain, he just said that he would go into the mountains again tomorrow to pick the mountain products that he found today but couldn't bring back.

Ye Qinglan didn't doubt it, but said that he was much better and didn't need to bother Aunt Wu to come home tomorrow. It was just to heat up the food, which was not laborious and he could do it himself.

Ji Chunshan disagreed. To put it more exaggeratedly, Ye Qinglan was like a glass doll full of cracks in his eyes. When he first came here, this glass doll was on the verge of breaking. Now he finally nursed the person back to health and repaired some of the cracks on the glass doll, but it was still a long way from complete recovery. What if he indulged himself a little at this time and made it worse by accident?

Then he said, "Uncle Hu said that you must be taken care of now and cannot do any work. You must listen to the doctor. Besides, if I leave you and Xu'er at home, Aunt Wu will not forgive me if she finds out."

Ye Qinglan pursed his lips, speechless by what Ji Chunshan said. He found that Ji Chunshan's eloquence was much better than before.

Ji Chunshan added, "I know you don't want to bother Aunt Wu all the time, but Aunt Wu has to cook by herself anyway. So, I'll prepare lunch tomorrow, and you can take lunch and Xu'er to Aunt Wu's house at noon. It's not far, so just take it as a walk, and save Aunt Wu from running back and forth. How about it?"

Ye Qinglan was not an ungrateful person. Although Ji Chunshan didn't agree to his request, he understood his feelings and thoughtfully came up with a way to have the best of both worlds for him. How could he not appreciate it? He nodded and said, "Okay."

The next morning, Ji Chunshan dressed the same way he did before entering the mountain yesterday, but compared to yesterday, he brought all the baskets and sacks in his home this time. After saying goodbye to Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu, he came to the place where he had agreed to meet with Hunter Wang yesterday. Not long after, he saw Hunter Wang walking towards this side.

"Brother Ji, you came so early. Sorry to have kept you waiting." Hunter Wang said loudly when he saw Ji Chunshan before he even got close.

"No, I just got here too." Ji Chunshan said with a smile. Seeing Hunter Wang carrying a six-foot-long black-armed, white-horned, ox-tendon bow on his back, his eyes lit up. "Brother's bow looks quite good."

"Brother Ji also likes bows. How about trying it?" Hunter Wang saw that Ji Chunshan seemed to be very interested in his bow, so he took the bow off and pulled out a bamboo arrow from the quiver on his waist and handed it to Ji Chunshan.

"Then I won't be polite." This kind of ancient cold weapon made entirely by hand was the first time that Ji Chunshan had seen it in his two lives. He was really curious. He didn't refuse and took it directly. After a careful look, he put an arrow on the bow and aimed at a tree more than ten meters away.

Ji Chunshan narrowed his eyes slightly, let out a sigh of relief, and loosened his hand on the bow, and the bamboo arrow shot out with a swoosh. Unfortunately, the bamboo arrow did not hit the original target, but slightly deviated from the direction and passed by the tree trunk.

"Tsk." Ji Chunshan shook his head regretfully, and then walked over to pick up the bamboo arrow.

Hunter Wang went with him and said, "Brother Ji, you have also pulled the bow before. Your posture does not look like a novice. It's just that your hand was not stable enough when you released the arrow at the end. I think it's been a long time since you practiced, so your hands are a little rusty."