Chapter 152 Finally

After Guo Lun was selected as a magistrate in the imperial examination, he was appointed as the magistrate of a small county in Lingnan, and Bai Siqi followed him. After Guo Lun's three-year term ended, he was re-elected without any promotion or demotion, so he stayed with Guo Lun in Lingnan for six years. Guo Lun and Bai Siqi had been together for many years, and he was not a heartless person. Seeing Bai Siqi's infatuation and persistence, he finally softened his attitude.

Later, Guo Lun was promoted to the governor of Lingnan after his term ended, and then he was transferred to Beijing and became a minister in the Ministry of Justice. During Guo Lun's tenure as governor, he finally married Bai Siqi, and brought Bai Siqi and their son to Beijing a few years later.

Although the Ji family was neither an official nor a noble, nor powerful nor influential in Beijing, they were just ordinary people, but they had relatives and friends such as Xue Ling of the Zhao family, Guo Lun of the Guo family, Guo Qiao of the Xi family, and the Fang family. These families had both civil and military talents, and they all had strength and status in Beijing. Ji Ningxu was not a mediocre person, and with the care of several families, his career was not smooth, but it was not very bumpy.

It was just that he never married in his life because of Wang Jiang's care. Although there were many rumors and discussions, it never shook him, and Wang Jiang was the same. Later, Wang Jiang bought the house next door to Ji Ningxu. Although they lived next to each other, they were connected by a secret door. The two ate together during the day and slept together at night, and the two were affectionate and intimate.

In the remaining years after that, the two never got married, and they did not leave any offspring because they took sterilizing drugs. Ji Ningxu had thought about marrying Wang Jiang, and Ji Chunshan and Ye Qinglan had no objection to this. Just like Ye Qinglan said before, as long as Ji Ningxu wanted to do it, they would support it, but Wang Jiang didn't want it to be like this.

Being able to have Ji Ningxu and stay with him for life is already a regret for Wang Jiang. How could he let Ji Ningxu give up his future for his own selfishness? Not to mention that Ji Ningxu was a twin, and it was difficult to conceive. Even if the two got married, they might not have children. In this case, whether they got married or not was not the most important thing.

Ji Chunshan and Ye Qinglan were worried about Ji Ningxu being alone in Beijing, so they moved to Beijing. After Ji Ningxu and Wang Jiang settled down, a few years later, Ji Ningxin married into the Zhao family and became Xue Ling's daughter-in-law, and Ji Ningxin also married and had children, and started a family.

The children all had their own homes and their own lives. Ji Chunshan and Ye Qinglan also fulfilled their responsibilities as fathers. Later, they left behind the most stable and reliable servants in the family, such as Danqing and Wenliang, and moved back to Fangcheng County to live and live a rare life of two people.

At that time, Ji Chunshan's family business was quite prosperous. There were dozens of shops in various places, and two new pickle workshops were built. In addition to the workshop in Anping Village, which supplied Fangcheng County and nearby counties and towns, there was also one in Beijing and Li County, which had a canal wharf, and the scale of both was far larger than that of the workshop in Anping Village. The workshop in Li County mainly cooperated with the Song family and was transported to the south by river through the Song family's merchant ships, while the workshop in Beijing mainly supplied places near Beijing and to the north and south.

Although it must be cumbersome to manage a shop and a workshop, when Ji Ningxin and Ji Ninghan got married, Ji Chunshan had already divided the family property into four parts, and each of the three children got a share, and they were given to manage. Ji Chunshan only kept Fangcheng County and its vicinity, which was also the first workshop and shop he built, for his and Ye Qinglan's retirement, so it didn't cost much to manage it.