Chapter 43

Silence

After breakfast on the 20th, Ji Chunshan harnessed the carriage, opened and fixed the carriage shed, first put all the birthday gifts for Zhou Jing on the carriage, as well as the wooden box containing the manuscripts for the bookstore and 20 paintings, and finally put two thick bamboo mats on the carriage for Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu to sit on.

When everything was almost ready, Ye Qinglan came out of the house holding Ji Ningxu, who was wearing thick and warm clothes, and was wearing a full-length plain cloak with fur edges that Ji Chunshan bought from the town a few days ago.

After locking the door of the main room, Ji Chunshan led the carriage outside the yard, first carried Ji Ningxu on the carriage, and then helped Ye Qinglan get on the carriage. After the father and son were seated firmly, he led the carriage to the town.

Today was the first day for the White Horse to officially take up his post, and there were people sitting in the carriage. For the sake of safety, Ji Chunshan did not get on the carriage, but led the horse all the way in front. He took big steps and walked fast, and the horse followed his speed, not much slower than him sitting in the carriage.

On the way, Ji Chunshan also encountered several oxcarts carrying people or goods. He was the only one in the carriage, but without exception, the people in other oxcarts were attracted by the strange-shaped carriages on the carriage.

With almost 100% attention along the way, they arrived in the town soon. Ji Chunshan first led the carriage to the picture framing shop to pick up the Guanyin painting for framing.

When they arrived at the picture framing shop, Ji Chunshan did not go in. He only gave the receipt to Ye Qinglan and asked him to go in to get the painting, while he led the horse outside. Unexpectedly, he waited for a long time, but no one came out. He thought something had happened. Just when he was about to go in, he saw Ye Qinglan holding a long wooden box, which was personally sent out by the shopkeeper of the picture mounting shop.

Ji Chunshan hurriedly took the wooden box from Ye Qinglan's hand and asked, "Why did it take so long?"

Ye Qinglan smiled and said to him, "I talked about something and was delayed for a while."

Although Ji Chunshan didn't know what the specific matter was, he knew from Ye Qinglan's appearance that it was not a bad thing, so he was relieved. He didn't ask more questions at the moment. After nodding to the shopkeeper of the picture mounting shop, he took the wooden box and turned around and put it back on the carriage.

The shopkeeper of the picture mounting shop saw that Ji Chunshan had a good appearance and seemed very close and familiar with Ye Qinglan when talking, so he asked, "Mr. Ye, this is the head of the Ji family, right?" Just now in the store, Ye Qinglan had said that her husband's surname was Ji.

Ye Qinglan nodded and smiled, "That's right."

The shopkeeper praised, "I see that Mr. Ji has a dignified figure and a handsome appearance. I can tell at a glance that he is a good man with a clear mind and an upright character. Mr. Ye is gentle and elegant, and has a wonderful brush and painting. They are really a perfect match made in heaven."

Ye Qinglan didn't expect the shopkeeper to praise him and Ji Chunshan. He didn't say anything about himself. As for Ji Chunshan, he also agreed with the shopkeeper's words. As for the perfect match...

Because he was afraid that the carriage would block the door of the store, Ji Chunshan parked the carriage a little forward. Ye Qinglan and the shopkeeper didn't speak loudly, so he didn't know what they said.

After Ye Qinglan said goodbye to the shopkeeper and walked to the carriage, he smiled and said to him: "Just now the shopkeeper said that you are tall and handsome, and you can tell at a glance that you are a good man with a clear mind and an upright character."