Chapter 33

Rebuke

Sitting farther from Wang the Hunter, Mrs. Du did not stop him from saying those words. She felt a little embarrassed at this moment, but she could not say anything. After all, she had just married and there were outsiders around. It was not easy to say anything wrong about her husband, so she nodded to Ye Qinglan apologetically.

Ye Qinglan smiled and shook her head, indicating that she did not mind.

Hunter Wang didn't realize the ambiguity of his words. He suddenly thought of something and said to Mrs. Du, "Oh, let Ning follow Xiaoer to study with Dilang. Although girls don't need to take the imperial examination, it's always good to know a few more words, so that she won't be lonely at home."

Before Mrs. Du could speak, Wang Ning suddenly said loudly, "I know how to read. My uncle taught me. My uncle is a scholar!"

Mrs. Du took Wang Ning to her arms, but smiled and said, "Is it too much trouble? Xiaoer said that Dilang has just recovered from a serious illness and needs more rest. Although my Ning is a girl, she is also naughty. It would be bad if she disturbed Dilang. And Ning has never left me since she was a child. I feel empty when I can't see her for a while, so..."

Although Mrs. Du didn't say it clearly, it can be understood that it means rejection.

Ye Qinglan was about to speak when Ji Chunshan said, "Sister-in-law, you are worrying too much. Qinglan is well now and is teaching four children. One more child won't be too much trouble. But sister-in-law is reluctant to let her go because she loves her daughter. Besides, children will always be afraid when they first arrive in a strange place. It's better for her to stay with her mother. Anyway, Qinglan only teaches for one hour every day. When the second child learns well, it will be the same when she goes back to teach her sister."

Although Ji Chunshan knew that Ye Qinglan liked to teach children and was happy to see it, he didn't want too many people to make Ye Qinglan too tired. Now that Mrs. Du was worried about her daughter leaving him to come to the Ji family, he would not force her.

As for the matter of treating the stepdaughter, since her biological mother had already made a decision, although Wang the Hunter felt a little sorry, he would not say anything.

After sitting for a while, the Zhao brothers and sisters came soon. When it was time for Ye Qinglan to teach the children, Wang the Hunter and Mrs. Du took Wang Ning'er away.

Ji Chunshan's cold was not serious to begin with. After taking two bowls of medicine, he recovered overnight. He then began to repair the house. He first went to the back mountain to cut a few loads of rough grass, dug a lot of yellow soil, added water to mix it into mud, and carefully applied it to the roof, walls, door frames, window frames and other leaking places.

The old window paper with a dark yellow color and poor light transmittance was not left at all. It was torn off and shoveled clean, and then pasted with white and clean high-quality white window paper. The room suddenly became much brighter than before, and there was no need to light an oil lamp in the daytime like before.

He also went to the blacksmith shop to customize a modern stove with ventilation holes at the bottom, a pot on top, and a chimney. This stove is divided into several parts. Ji Chunshan drew a drawing with the dimensions clearly written on it and gave it to the blacksmith to make according to it.

The blacksmith didn't understand what it was at first, but after Ji Chunshan explained it, his eyes suddenly lit up. He told Ji Chunshan that he would not charge a penny for making the stove, but also gave Ji Chunshan 20 taels of silver. The only request was that they could sell the stove in their blacksmith shop.