Chapter 120 August

Although Dan Kou was very angry that Zhou Min slandered Ye Qinglan behind her back, she also heard Wang and Zhou Hui defending Ye Qinglan and blaming Zhou Min. And because of the relationship between the Zhou family and Ji Chunshan, if Ye Qinglan knew about it, she would not be able to do anything, but just get angry for nothing. Especially now that Ye Qinglan is in her advanced period, it is the time when she needs to be calm and not upset, so she did not plan to tell Ye Qinglan about this.

When she returned to Zhulanxuan, Dan Kou did not show any sign of anger on her face, but just reported to Ye Qinglan as usual, and Ye Qinglan did not notice anything. Coming out of the study, she felt depressed, so she went to the kitchen to find Dan Qing who was preparing dinner.

"What's wrong?" Dan Qing was surprised to see her sister angry.

The sisters were mean and difficult to get along with, so they had never had any conflicts with other servants in the mansion. Moreover, because they served the master, they were respected and no one dared to make them angry. If Ji Chunshan or Ye Qinglan criticized Dan Kou, Dan Kou would not be like this.

"It's that Zhou Min. I used to think she was a good person because she was so warm and friendly in front of the master and the lady. Who knew she would say bad things about the lady behind her back and say that the lady picked her up. She is so mean, I am so angry. The lady treated her so well, she is really a white-eyed wolf." Dan Kou was still very angry when she mentioned it again.

When Danqing heard that Ye Qinglan was involved, she stopped kneading the dough. She frowned slightly, looked at Dankou with a serious expression, and said, "What happened? Tell me in detail."

Even if Danqing didn't ask, Dankou would tell her. She told Danqing the conversation she heard at the door when she went to Qunfang Pavilion to deliver bird's nests. Finally, she said, "I wanted to come back at that time. Such an ungrateful person is not worthy of eating the bird's nest soup sent by the lady. But I thought that if I came back like this, the lady would definitely know, and I was afraid that it would hurt my mind and body, so I endured it and sent it in."

"You did the right thing. The lady really can't know about this, at least not now." Danqing nodded, but her face was a little gloomy. She was meticulous, but she thought more and deeper than Dankou.

Dan Kou only thought that Zhou Min's bad words about Ye Qinglan behind her back were hateful, but Dan Qing heard that Zhou Min was probably dazzled by the Ji family's wealth and glory and had delusions. She also learned from Wang's words of consolation to Zhou Min, which Dan Kou repeated, that Zhou Min and Ji Chunshan had been engaged as children, and Ji Chunshan was very concerned about Zhou Min at that time. However, the Ji family failed later, and Ji's father and mother knew that the two families were not a match, so they never mentioned the marriage again. Zhou Jing and Wang also didn't mention it again, and the two families just pretended that it had never happened.

Although Dan Qing knew that Ji Chunshan was very good to Ye Qinglan, she couldn't be sure how Ji Chunshan would react after knowing this. It's not that Danqing doesn't believe Ji Chunshan's feelings for Ye Qinglan, but it's common for men to have three wives and four concubines in this world. What's more, Ji Chunshan is so wealthy now, but it's amazing that he only keeps Ye Qinglan. Besides, Zhou Min is the daughter of his benefactor, and she is the one he has been seeking but not getting.

If Zhou Min and her current husband are not getting along, and she wants to marry into the Ji family, Zhou Jing and Wang Shi will compromise for the sake of their daughter's life, even if they know that this is not appropriate. After all, they have done a favor to the Ji family, and just based on this, the Ji family will treat Zhou Min well for life.

If so, it's fine, it's just one more mouth to feed, and the Ji family doesn't need this bowl of rice. But Zhou Min may not be willing to be a concubine. Just look at her being so angry with Ye Qinglan behind her back, and you can tell that she is not a good person, and her wife is soft and kind, how can she be a rival.