Chapter 2

The so-called "wife and children"

He was poor, lazy, and had a bad reputation. No family in the surrounding villages was willing to marry their daughters to him, but in the end, Ji Chunshan got married, but he did not marry a wife but a husband.

It is called a husband because Ji Chunshan did not marry a woman, but a very strange and rare race in this world, called Shuang'er.

Shuang'er has a male appearance, but she can give birth and get pregnant. She can be married, but compared with ordinary men and women, it is more difficult for her to give birth or get pregnant, so it is also very difficult to marry.

From the appearance, the biggest difference between Shuang'er and men is that after Shuang'er is born, there will be an obvious white fine line below the navel on her lower abdomen, which will always accompany Shuang'er's growth. When Shuang'er grows up and marries, this thin line will gradually disappear, which means that Shuang'er has lost the ability to conceive. But if Shuang'er marries, the white line will disappear immediately after sex, and a red fine line will appear between the eyebrows of Shuang'er, indicating that she is married. Correspondingly, she can no longer make others pregnant.

Shuang'er in a wealthy family can always marry a wife if they spend more money, but it is different for ordinary people who are a little poorer. Unless there is no boy, Shuang'er can only be raised as a boy to support the family in the future. Most families raise her as a daughter, and when she grows up, she will be hastily married with a little dowry.

Generally speaking, Shuang'er is more despised than girls in this world, and Ji Chunshan married a Shuang'er, and another Shuang'er who, as the only son in the family, should have married and had children to inherit the bloodline instead of marrying. Her name is Ye Qinglan, and she is from Yejia Village, which is several miles away from Anping Village.

Ye Qinglan's father is called Ye Shen. He has an older brother who was smart and good at reading since childhood. He became a boy at the age of fifteen and a scholar at the age of eighteen. Later, he passed the provincial examination and became the first juren from Yejia Village since the founding of the dynasty, and his reputation was great.

After passing the provincial examination, Ye Shen went to Beijing to participate in the joint examination. Although he failed in the end, when he returned to his hometown, he brought back a gentle and beautiful woman, that is, Ye Qinglan's mother, Fang, named Qinya.

According to Ye Shen, he was once in trouble in the capital, and was able to save his life thanks to the help of Fang Qinya's father. After the Fang family suffered a disaster and fell into defeat, Fang Qinya was the only woman left. Ye Shen married Fang Qinya to repay her kindness. However, because he was not living well in the capital and felt that he had no hope of passing the imperial examination, he simply returned home with his wife. Later, in order to repay the help and support of his clansmen and fellow villagers for many years, he refused the invitation of the official school in the county town and built a school in Yejia Village, becoming the only scholar in the nearby villages.

Ye Shen and Fang Qinya loved each other. Although they only had one child, Ye Qinglan, and they were twins, the family of three lived in harmony and everyone envied them. Until Ye Qinglan was eleven years old, Ye Shen went to the city to do business, but he encountered a villain and lost his life. Ye's mother Fang Qinya was already physically injured during childbirth, and later she was grieving over Ye Shen's death. Within two years, she was gone, leaving only Ye Qinglan, who was only twelve years old.

As the only son, Ye Qinglan, who had been carefully taught by his father since childhood, should have married a wife and started a family to continue the bloodline of Ye Shen when he grew up. However, when Ye Qinglan was fifteen years old, on the day when Ye Qinglan's second cousin, the second son of Ye Qinglan's uncle, got married, Ji Chunshan, who came from the neighboring village with a few friends to eat at the banquet, got drunk and somehow broke into Ye Qinglan's house when he was resting due to physical discomfort, and raped Ye Qinglan.