Chapter 29

Wooden Hairpin

After entering the village, he went to Aunt Wu first and gave Aunt Wu the five pounds of this year's new cotton and the big bag of new cloth he bought from the grocery store.

Aunt Wu was shocked to see him bring so many things at first, but when she heard him say that except for the maroon material for her, the rest were for making clothes for Ye Qinglan, she patted his shoulder and said nothing with red eyes.

After that, Ji Chunshan returned home and handed over the contract and the income from today's market to Ye Qinglan. As for making clothes for Ye Qinglan, he did not say anything for the time being.

Ji Chunshan was deliberately hiding something, but Ye Qinglan could not see it. After he took the contract, he read it carefully. When he read to a certain place, his eyes froze slightly.

"What's wrong?" Ji Chunshan asked.

Ye Qinglan raised her head and looked at him deeply, then shook her head and said, "Nothing." After that, she folded the contract, put it in an envelope, and kept it properly.

After finalizing the cooperation with Li's Grocery Store, Ji Chunshan went into the mountains for two consecutive days and finally collected all the wild persimmons on the mountain. On the same day, Zhao Er also peeled the last basket of persimmons and hung them up to dry.

Because the backyard was only surrounded by a fence of branches, Ji Chunshan was worried about leaving several large vats in the open air, so he went to the back mountain for a few days and carried a lot of large stones to build a stone wall.

When the wall was built, Aunt Wu also made clothes for Ye Qinglan, a total of three outer coats, two sets of padded jackets, and two sets of inner clothes. She also used the remaining cloth and cotton to make three small shirts and a small jacket for Ji Ningxu, plus two belts.

After thanking Aunt Wu again and again, Ji Chunshan returned home with a large bag of clothes.

Ye Qinglan had just finished teaching in the morning, and several children went out to play. He also went to the yard to walk around and stretch his legs. He saw Ji Chunshan coming back with a large bag of things and asked, "What is this?"

"It's for you and Xu'er. Come in and take a look." Ji Chunshan smiled, but didn't say it clearly. He went into the house with the things.

Ye Qinglan became more and more confused and followed him into the house. When he got to the east room, Ji Chunshan put the bundle on the kang and opened it. He saw the things inside and couldn't help but be surprised for a moment.

Ji Chunshan took out the three outer garments of Tianshui Bi, Moon White and Bamboo Green from his bag with great interest and laid them flat on the kang, then said to Ye Qinglan: "I think these three colors are very good and suit you very well, so I bought a few feet of each and asked Aunt Wu to make them into ready-made clothes. Do you like them?"

"...Of course, I like them." Ye Qinglan said this, but her face did not show any joy, but a bit stunned.

Looking at Ji Chunshan's smiling face, he suddenly felt an unprecedented strange feeling in his heart. He could not tell what it was, which made him feel very confused.

"Just like it." It was not enough that he could not put it on, Ji Chunshan also picked up one and gestured to Ye Qinglan, asking him to try it on.

Ye Qinglan did not find it troublesome for some reason, and let Ji Chunshan fiddle with him, trying on the jacket and outer robe one by one, and as for the inner garment, he left it alone, leaving it for Ye Qinglan to try on himself at night.