Chapter 45

Good News

After the birthday banquet, they came out of Zuixianju. It was already the end of the Wei hour. In the north, it gets dark early in winter. Ji Chunshan thought that since they had a carriage now, it would be convenient to travel, so he did not take Ye Qinglan and Ji Ningxu to stroll around the town. He planned to go home directly with the carriage. However, he did not expect that they had to stop the carriage before leaving the town.

"Son, mother has found you--"

Ye Qinglan was originally sitting in the carriage with Ji Ningxu in his arms, when he suddenly heard an old man's shout from outside. At first, he didn't pay much attention, but then he found that the carriage had stopped. He lifted the curtain and was about to ask Ji Chunshan what happened, but he saw an old woman with gray hair and hunched body holding Ji Chunshan's clothes with tears in her eyes, muttering "son, son."

Ji Chunshan was originally driving the carriage well, but suddenly an old lady on the side of the road grabbed him and called him son. He was a little confused for a while. He hurriedly pulled the reins to stop the horse, and then supported the trembling old man, saying kindly: "Old man, you recognized the wrong person, I am not your son."

The old lady didn't know whether she couldn't hear or what, but just held Ji Chunshan tightly, as if she was afraid that he would run away.

"Old lady, my name is Ji Chunshan, I am not your son. Please take a closer look. I am really not your son." Ji Chunshan estimated that the old lady's eyesight was not very good, so he moved his face closer to let the old lady take a closer look.

Unexpectedly, the old man slapped Ji Chunshan in the face. Fortunately, Ji Chunshan dodged quickly, but his chin was scratched by his finger. The old man didn't hit his face, but became even more angry. He slapped Ji Chunshan on the shoulder, crying and cursing while hitting him: "You damn bastard, your mother saved money and suffered hardships to raise you. Now that you are strong, you despise your mother and don't recognize her. What sin have I done to give birth to such a bastard like you? Oh, God, why am I so miserable——"

The old man's crying was not only heard clearly by Ji Chunshan, but also by the passers-by around him. They stopped and pointed at Ji Chunshan, saying that he was unfilial, had no conscience, and wished him to be struck by lightning. They accused him one by one.

Ji Chunshan felt that a big pot fell from the sky and hit his head. He was really wronged.

At this time, Ye Qinglan, who noticed Ji Chunshan's embarrassing situation, got off the car and walked over. He had been with Ji's mother for several years, so he knew that the old lady in front of him was definitely not Ji Chunshan's mother. Seeing that the old lady was only wearing a jacket and shivering from the cold, he took off his cloak, put it on the old lady, and asked, "Old man, where is your home? Can we take you home?"

After a while, Ye Qinglan also realized that the old lady was probably a little confused. It was impossible to reason with her at the moment. It was better to go along with her first and wait until she found her home or family members. Otherwise, if she continued to pester her, at such an old age, if something happened, it would be their fault.

The effect of Ye Qinglan's words was still very obvious. When the old lady saw him, she immediately let go of Ji Chunshan and grabbed his hand instead. She cried to him with tears in her eyes: "Daughter-in-law, why don't you call me mother? Don't you recognize me?"

Ye Qinglan immediately showed the same helpless look as Ji Chunshan just now, but seeing that the old woman was crying sadly, she was afraid that she would hurt herself. Just as she was about to speak to comfort her, Ji Chunshan called out "mother" before him.