Chapter 86 Workshop

The pickle workshop in the back mountain covers an area of ​​two mu. It looks very big, but there are only two large houses built. One is used for pre-processing work such as washing and cutting vegetables, and the other is a warehouse for storing the side dishes and seasonings needed for pickling and making tools. Most of the remaining open space is used to build a sturdy wooden shed that can block the sun and rain, which is used to store pickle jars and dry pickles.

A very flat wall, nearly two meters high and one and a half feet thick, with sharp-edged gravel and broken porcelain pieces scattered on it, not only can prevent wild animals from coming from the back mountain, but also a stone wall that is difficult for adults to climb over, enclosing the entire workshop and the Ji family's courtyard. Although the family has moved back to the old house of the Ji family in the village, the small courtyard of the back mountain, Ji Chunshan, has not been demolished.

He thought that the workshop was in the back mountain, a little far away from the village, and he was making something to eat, so he couldn't be careless at all. What if someone with bad intentions climbs over the wall in the middle of the night and does something bad? If the food sold doesn't taste right, it will ruin his reputation and make people sick. So someone must watch the workshop day and night. But now Ji Chunshan can't leave home, so he needs to find another suitable person.

The first person he thought of was Zhao Da's younger brother Zhao Er. After several interactions with the Zhao family, Ji Chunshan also understood their temperament. They were all honest and kind people. Although Zhao Er was a little depressed and lonely because of his leg disease, he didn't complain, and he worked diligently and seriously. This could be seen when he helped Ji Chunshan deal with persimmons.

Although he had bad legs and feet and couldn't do any physical work that was too tiring, he could only do some light work such as bamboo weaving. But if he just looked after the workshop and checked the pickle jars, and opened and closed the door on weekdays, it should be no problem, and it wouldn't delay his bamboo weaving. And if there really was a thief in the workshop, he didn't need to do anything dangerous, he didn't need to catch him, he didn't need to chase him away, he just needed to tell me the next day, and I could deal with it.

Ji Chunshan originally thought that Zhao Er was the most suitable candidate, and he didn't want to wait for him to talk to Zhao Dayi, but Zhao Dayi didn't even ask Zhao Er's opinion, and rejected Ji Chunshan. According to him, the gatekeepers should be able to guard against thieves. His brother couldn't even run, and if something really happened, he wouldn't be able to help at all. He was very grateful that Ji Chunshan still thought of Zhao Er and gave him such an easy job, but his brother was not suitable, so they couldn't agree.

Before Ji Chunshan could say anything, Zhao Da took the initiative to recommend a villager to Ji Chunshan. Ji Chunshan was not unfamiliar with his name. He was Jin Feng, the younger brother of Jin Jie'er, who was divorced by her unscrupulous husband and then relied on Ye Qinglan's petition to get her daughter back. Although Ji Chunshan had not had much contact with Jin Feng, he knew that he was a man who valued love and reason, just by seeing how he defended his sister who was divorced by her husband's family and accepted her child without hesitation. Now that he had been recommended by Zhao Da, he had no objection.

At that moment, Ji Chunshan thanked Zhao Da and went to find Jin Feng, who was also working in the workshop. When Jin Feng heard that Ji Chunshan wanted to hire him to look after the workshop and pay him 300 coins a month, he was stunned on the spot, not knowing whether he was shocked or frightened. When he came to his senses, he hesitated for a while, and then agreed. However, he asked Ji Chunshan again that his wife had just become pregnant and was not in good health and could not work hard, so he asked if he could go back every day, otherwise he would be worried.