Chapter 21

Wang Hunter

"You're back." As soon as he entered the house, Ji Chunshan heard a clear and pleasant voice, like spring water flowing past.

"I'm back," Ji Chunshan said to Ye Qinglan with a smile, and then looked at Ji Ningxu, "Dad is not at home, is Xu'er well behaved?"

"Xu'er is very well behaved." Ji Ningxu blinked his big eyes, his voice was soft and sticky, and people's hearts couldn't help but soften.

"Daddy brought back a lot of delicious food for Xu'er, I'll cook it for Xu'er later, okay." Ji Chunshan said, untied the dry food bag around his waist, opened it, and carefully took out the things inside.

Ye Qinglan said to Ji Chunshan again, "After you left in the morning, Hunter Wang brought Xiaoer to our house. When he saw you were not there, he left and said he would come again tomorrow. Maybe it was about Xiaoer's matter."

Ji Chunshan looked up in surprise and said, "Really? I just need to talk to the village chief about something. Maybe I have to go to his house."

Ye Qinglan waited for a while, but Ji Chunshan didn't seem to want to say what it was about, so he didn't ask.

Ji Chunshan took out the two most rare and precious things from the dry food bag, Hericium erinaceus and Matsutake, which Aunt Wu exclaimed when she saw them.

"Such big monkey mushrooms. The biggest one must be 200 grams. And these matsutake mushrooms. Although there are only three of them, I heard that they are very precious. There is a saying that one ounce of matsutake mushrooms is worth one ounce of gold. Even the emperor likes to eat them." Aunt Wu married a wealthy family in her early years. She was a small businessman and had a lot of experience. Therefore, she was familiar with the things Ji Chunshan brought back.

"Today is a good day. I will cook this matsutake mushroom in a while. Let's enjoy the treatment of the emperor." Ji Chunshan said with a smile, and began to clean the mountain products in the basket. He took out various mushrooms first, put those that can be dried and preserved for a long time together, and piled them up while they are fresh.

Aunt Wu was speechless when she heard this, pointing at Ji Chunshan's nose. She didn't know whether she should be angry that Ji Chunshan didn't think about exchanging the good things for money to supplement the family income, but only used them to satisfy his desire for food, or that he was so outspoken that he said something disrespectful like enjoying the emperor's treatment. If someone with ulterior motives heard it, it would be a disaster.

"You--what nonsense are you talking about? You can say such a thing. What if someone hears it?" Aunt Wu lowered her voice and said sternly.

Ji Chunshan was stunned by Aunt Wu's scolding and said, "Aunt, don't worry, I just said it casually. Don't worry, I know what to say and what not to say. I know the limits."

He was not a careless person who didn't know the importance of his words. It was just that he had traveled from the peaceful and developed modern times where everyone was equal to this feudal and backward ancient society with distinct classes for only a few days. Although he understood the ancient common people's awe and obedience to the imperial power, he couldn't empathize with them quickly. In addition, he was in his own home, so he spoke casually. He didn't expect that it would cause such a big reaction from Aunt Wu.

Aunt Wu sighed and said, "Shanzi, I know you don't treat me as an outsider, so you don't have to worry about what you say. Brother Lan and I will not harm you, but Aunt Wu still has to warn you. In the future, you will have a promising future, see more of the world, and meet more people. But no matter where you are, no matter how good your relationship is with someone, no matter how much affection you have for them, you must keep a little bit of guard and not give them complete trust. Remember, disaster comes from the mouth, and the human heart is unpredictable."