Chapter 62

After the New Year

After Ji Chunshan and Ji Ningxu visited the graves of Ji's father and mother, when they returned home, they saw Ye Qinglan, who opened the door for them, with red eyes, obviously crying just now. Knowing why he was like that, he did not ask any more questions.

In front of Ji Ningxu, Ye Qinglan did not say anything. After entering the main hall, Ji Ningxu ran into the bedroom. Ye Qinglan turned around and hugged Ji Chunshan, choking in a low voice: "Thank you, thank you..."

Since he got married, he could no longer worship his parents. Every year on the 30th, Qingming Festival and his parents' death anniversary, he was the most sad and painful time, but his current identity made him unable to do anything. He could only feel like a worm gnawing at his heart every day, and he could not sleep or eat well.

I thought this year would be the same as the past, but I didn't expect that Ji Chunshan had made a tablet for his parents at some point, allowing him to worship his parents in the Ji family, making up for the regret that he thought he would never be able to complete in his life. For him, it was a redemption like rebirth, which made him grateful and moved. With his emotions fluctuating, he couldn't say anything other than thank you.

Although Ji Chunshan had no parents, he could understand Ye Qinglan's feelings by judging others by himself. There was no need to say more at the moment. He just hugged him with one hand and gently stroked the back of Ye Qinglan's head with the other hand, allowing him to vent in his arms.

Ji Ningxu, who had been waiting for the two fathers to come in for a long time, poked his head out of the door and saw the two fathers standing in the main room hugging each other. He took a look and quickly shrank back.

When Ye Qinglan calmed down, Ji Chunshan's shirt was already torn. Seeing Ye Qinglan's swollen eyes, he couldn't help but bow his head and kiss her again and again, and kissed away the tears on her face, and coaxed her softly, "Okay, don't cry, dear."

Ye Qinglan nodded. Although she was still sobbing, her tears finally stopped. After washing her face in the kitchen and reducing the swelling in her eyes, the two of them went back to the east room together.

The room still had a faint smell of incense and candles. Ji Chunshan looked around and didn't see the tablets of Ye's father and mother, so he asked, "Did you put away the tablets?"

"Yeah." Ye Qinglan nodded. He was very satisfied to be able to worship his parents once. How could he keep the tablets in the Ji family? Although they were his parents, they were outsiders after all. It was not legitimate and against the rules.

Ji Chunshan asked again: "Where is it?"

Ye Qinglan was a little puzzled, but still answered: "In the cabinet."

Ji Chunshan opened the cabinet and took out the wooden box at the bottom. The wooden box contained the tablets of Ye Qinglan's parents.

After that, Ji Chunshan went directly to the west room and placed the tablets on the altar he had bought from the wood shop before, and also placed the tribute, incense, and incense burner one by one.

No need to say more, Ye Qinglan understood what he meant, and was a little moved, but couldn't help asking: "You, you don't mind?"

Ji Chunshan smiled at him and said: "If I mind, I won't take it home." He is not a real member of the Ji family, and he doesn't have so many taboos like the locals. And for Ye Qinglan, he doesn't think it's a big deal.

After that, he said to Ji Ningxu beside him: "Xu'er, come here and kowtow to your grandparents." Then he knelt down in front of the altar and bowed three times respectfully to his father-in-law and mother-in-law.