Chapter 46

A Surprise

As soon as Ji Chunshan got home, he found that the rough curtain on the door of the main room was only half hung, and the door was wide open. He couldn't help but feel a little strange. He led the carriage into the yard and shouted to the house: "Qinglan, I'm back--"

After shouting, there was no response from the house, and no one came out to greet him. Ji Chunshan felt more and more that something was wrong. He didn't care about tying the carriage, and threw the reins into the house. Everything was normal in the main room, but when he entered the inner room, he saw Ji Ningxu lying on his back on the kang, with one leg hanging on the edge of the kang, as if he was sleeping, but he didn't cover himself with anything to keep warm.

Ji Chunshan's face changed immediately, because he knew that Ye Qinglan took good care of Ji Ningxu, and would never let Ji Ningxu fall asleep like this and leave by himself.

He rushed to the kang in two steps, but stretched out his hand to touch Ji Ningxu's nose. After feeling the slight but real breath, he breathed a sigh of relief, but his heart was only half relieved.

"Xu'er? Xu'er wake up?" Ji Chunshan wanted to wake up Ji Ningxu, so as to ask what happened and where Ye Qinglan went, but he called again and again, but Ji Ningxu showed no sign of waking up.

Ji Chunshan frowned, picked up Ji Ningxu, and ran to Doctor Hu's house.

"Uncle Hu, Xu'er can't be woken up, come and see what's going on?" When he arrived at Doctor Hu's house, Ji Chunshan carried Ji Ningxu into the house and put him on the bed.

"Don't worry, I'll take a look." Doctor Hu saw Ji Chunshan holding Ji Ningxu, and immediately put down what he was doing, took Ji Ningxu's pulse, and then lifted his eyelids.

After the examination, Doctor Hu frowned and said solemnly, "Xu'er is fine, he just inhaled some drugs, he will wake up after the effect of the drugs wears off. But Shanzi, why did Xu'er get drugged? Where is Lan'er?"

Ye Qinglan regarded Ji Ningxu as his life, but he was not around when Ji Ningxu was like this. This was really unreasonable, unless something happened to Ye Qinglan.

Sure enough, Ji Chunshan said, "I came back from the town, and Xu'er was like this as soon as I entered the house. Qinglan... is gone. Uncle Hu, Xu'er is probably the only one who knows what happened. Do you have a way to make him wake up quickly? If it takes too long, I'm afraid Qinglan..."

When Doctor Hu heard that Ye Qinglan was missing, he got up without saying a word and took out a thin-bellied bottle from the drawer of the medicine cabinet, pulled out the stopper, and shook it under Ji Ningxu's nose.

After a few breaths, Ji Ningxu's eyelids trembled, and he slowly opened his eyes, "Dad..."

"Xu'er, how are you? Are you feeling uncomfortable?" Ji Chunshan asked hurriedly.

"Xu'er is fine," Ji Ningxu shook his head, and only saw Ji Chunshan and Doctor Hu, but not Ye Qinglan, so he asked, "Where's Dad?"

Ji Chunshan calmed down, smiled, and said, "Your dad went to Uncle Zhao's house and will be back soon. Come on, Xu'er, Dad wants to ask you, what happened before you fell asleep, who came to the house, do you remember?"

"I remember," Ji Ningxu said, "There was an uncle who came to see Dad."

"What does he look like, and what color clothes does he wear?" Ji Chunshan asked again.

This time, Ji Ningxu thought about it carefully before answering.

"...It's him!" After hearing Ji Ningxu's description, a person suddenly appeared in Ji Chunshan's mind, and he also remembered that he had just passed by that person not long ago.