Chapter 121 Holding Favors at Arms

In mid-August, a few days before the Mid-Autumn Festival, Ji Chunshan made a lot of mooncakes with sisters Danqing and Dankou at home. In addition to the local mooncakes with flavors such as jujube paste, five kernels, and red bean paste, he also made several new flavors, such as snow skin mooncakes, egg yellow mooncakes, and salted meat mooncakes. Among them, snow skin mooncakes cannot be baked, but need to be refrigerated, which is not difficult for Ji Chunshan. Although there is no refrigerator at home, there is an ice cellar, and the effect is similar.

After the mooncakes were made, Ji Chunshan divided them into three portions. One portion was naturally left for the family to eat, the second portion was prepared to be given to relatives and friends, and the last portion was prepared to be sent to the snack shop for sale. Because he was not sure whether it would be popular, he did not send many to the shop. He planned to sell them first and then consider increasing or decreasing according to the preferences of the customers.

This time, Ji Chunshan also went to deliver the mooncakes to the shop. After he arrived at the shop, he and Taozi put the mooncakes on the counter, and then took out a new nameplate and wrote the name and price of the mooncakes. While writing, He Jinsuo followed Ji Chunshan's instructions and took a few plates, knives and many bamboo sticks from the kitchen in the backyard, but they were prepared for customers to taste.

Ji Chunshan arrived at the shop after lunch. When everything was arranged, the customers were almost coming. Mid-Autumn Festival is coming soon, and it is the festival to visit relatives and friends. Of course, some gifts must be brought, and cakes are a must. Therefore, the customer flow of the shop in the days before Mid-Autumn Festival is more than before.

Because there is an additional job of letting customers taste, Ji Chunshan is afraid that He Jinsuo and Taozi will be too busy, so he is not in a hurry to go home and stays in the shop to help entertain customers. By the evening, the new flavors of mooncakes were sold out before the usual ones, and Ji Chunshan had a certain understanding of the guests' preferences for the new flavors of mooncakes. Therefore, when he delivered mooncakes to the shop the next day, the number of snow skin mooncakes was the largest, while the number of egg yellow mooncakes and salted meat mooncakes was much less. Every day after that, until the Mid-Autumn Festival was over, it was the same.

After the shop was arranged, Ji Chunshan didn't care about it anymore, and then he took the opportunity to visit the families he was familiar with before the festival. There were some families in Anping Village, Yanghe Town, and the county that he had to go to in person, such as Doctor Hu's family. In addition to sending festival gifts, he also had to send Hu Yao back so that he and Doctor Hu could spend a reunion festival together. In addition, although there were no relatives of the Ji family in Anping Village, the village chief Feng Deli had taken good care of Ji Chunshan before and helped a lot. He was also an elder, so he went to see him.

The couple Jinfeng had been helping to look after the workshop for a long time, and there had never been any mistakes. Ji Chunshan had already raised their wages, and they had never missed any gifts during festivals. The same was true for the Li family in the county. In addition, Ji Chunshan also went to the Yu family. The fact that his shop had been stable in the town was due to the efforts of Li, but also because Yu Ba had spread the word that he was protecting it, so Ji Chunshan had to show some appreciation.

In the county, there were the Xie family, the Zhou family, the Guo family, and the Song family. Ji Chunshan personally visited these families. As for some other families with some friendship, he only asked Ding Xiang to deliver a gift to each family.

Before the Mid-Autumn Festival, Ji Chunshan took Ding Xiang out to visit each family, but Ye Qinglan was not idle at home. The relationship between the two families can only be maintained for a long time if there is a mutual exchange. Therefore, although Ji Chunshan has many people to visit, there are also many people who come to the Ji family.