Chapter 126 Officials

The Mid-Autumn Festival on August 15th is a day for family reunion. Although Lin Xuan, the eldest son of the Lin family, went to the countryside to recuperate, he also had to go home to celebrate the festival. So Ji Chunshan "happened" to meet Lin Xuan, the eldest son of the Lin family, who was meeting Song Tang to reminisce about the past in the Song family's restaurant one day after the festival. Later, with the introduction of Song Tang, Ji Chunshan and Lin Xuan became familiar with each other.

Lin Xuan is the eldest son of the Lin family and the original legitimate son, while Lin Jin is a son born to a concubine. However, after Lin's mother died, the head of the Lin family made Lin Jin's mother the legitimate wife, from a concubine to the head of the Lin family, and Lin Jin also changed from a concubine to a legitimate son.

Although the hierarchy of legitimate and illegitimate children in this dynasty is clear, and it is forbidden to marry a concubine, but the Lin family is just a merchant, and they are very powerful and have a very good reputation in the local area, so no one blames the Lin family for anything.

Although Lin Xuan was the eldest son, his mother passed away in the middle of winter when he was nine years old. He was already sad and mournful. In addition, he was weak because of the cold clothes and vegetarian diet during the mourning period. He was invaded by the cold evil and thus developed a root of illness.

Lin Xuan was weak and could not take on important responsibilities. The head of the Lin family was very fond of their son Lin Jin because of his deep friendship with the current Madam Lin. Moreover, the head of the Lin family was not a person who coveted beauty. In his early years, he had only one wife and one concubine. In terms of offspring, he only had two sons, Lin Xuan and Lin Jin. Therefore, the position of the head of the Lin family in the future must belong to Lin Jin. But this was definitely not what Ji Chunshan wanted to see.

Not to mention the various unbearable things about Lin Jin that he heard from Song Tang, just seeing that he would mix with people like Ye Jinming, and Ye Jinming had a grudge against him, Ji Chunshan would never let him gain power for his own sake.

So after he learned about the Lin family and Lin Xuan from Song Tang, he planned to use Lin Xuan to check and balance Lin Jin. And when he finally met Lin Xuan and talked with him, although Lin Xuan looked weak and sick, his good temperament and knowledge, as well as his frustration and unwillingness, made Ji Chunshan admire him very much, and he also became more confident in his plan.

After all, if Lin Xuan had no intention of competing for anything, or was an incompetent person, then no matter what he planned, it would be useless.

As the eldest son of the Lin family, although Lin Xuan was not as favored by his father as his younger brother, he had enough food and clothing. After he got sick, he also invited famous doctors in the county and even the prefecture to see him, but he never got better until today.

Ji Chunshan thought that although Doctor Hu's medical skills were not orthodox, he had traveled all over the country in his early years and had a wide range of experience. His experience was indeed more than that of ordinary doctors. However, Doctor Hu had returned to Anping Village for more than ten years and had a good reputation. Ji Chunshan was not sure whether Doctor Hu had treated Lin Xuan, but he still mentioned it to Lin Xuan.

Lin Xuan had been ill for a long time, and he had thought about it, and he didn't remember any doctor named Hu who had treated him before. When he heard Ji Chunshan say how superb Doctor Hu's medical skills were, he immediately agreed.

The reason why Song Tang failed to find Lin Xuan before was because the manor where Lin Xuan was living was not the property of the Lin family, but his mother's dowry. Lin's mother was born in Fucheng. Although her family bought some houses and land in Fangcheng County as dowry when she got married, Fucheng also kept some, and the manor where Lin Xuan was staying was among them.