Chapter 92 A Couple

After returning from the Guo family, Ji Chunshan began his busy days at home and in the workshop. He first ground the beans that had been soaked the day before into soy milk, then made tofu, and then fished out the solidified tofu, put it in a special wooden grid, wrapped it with cloth, and finally pressed it with heavy objects, waiting for the water in the tofu to be slowly squeezed out, and the tofu gradually solidified and turned into tofu.

During this period, he was not idle, but started to fry meat floss. Now that the weather is cool, meat floss can be stored for a longer time, so he fried more each time, enough for ten days and half a month. When the meat floss was fried and the dough cakes in the steamer on the burning stove were steamed, he put hundreds of dough cakes in five large steamers into bamboo baskets, loaded them onto a horse-drawn carriage, pulled them to the workshop, and put them in the empty and cleaned noodle sauce jar.

When he was halfway through filling the jars, the kiln factory in Wangjiawu Village delivered the twenty large jars he had ordered a month ago on time as promised. Ji Chunshan asked Jinfeng to help him put the remaining dough into the jars, and he went to greet the people from the kiln factory who came to deliver the jars.

Although these twenty large jars were sent to the pickle workshop, they were not prepared to store pickles, but to store dried persimmons. The reason why twenty jars were needed was because the persimmons to be made into dried persimmons this year were more than double that of last year.

The persimmon forest in the mountain was originally ownerless. If Ji Chunshan could pick them, so could others. Besides, the villagers already knew that Ji Chunshan could make dried persimmons. If Ji Chunshan continued to pick them in the mountain, there would be people who would be jealous and make trouble, which would easily cause trouble. Since he was now more well-off, he should do something to benefit the village, so he decided not to hire people to pick in the mountain, but to directly send out the word to collect persimmons.

Although collecting persimmons cost some money, the benefits were obvious. Not only did it save time and effort, but the harvest was also huge. In just three days, nearly 25,000 kilograms of persimmons were collected. At five kilograms per coin, Ji Chunshan spent nearly five taels of silver. After that, Ji Chunshan hired people to peel persimmons and dry persimmons, and estimated the quantity and ordered 20 new vats.

Now that the vats were delivered, although they had cooperated before, Ji Chunshan still checked the vats tied to the donkey cart first, and made sure that there was no problem before letting the kiln factory people start to untie the ropes and move the donkey carts. After that, they all turned them over and pushed the vats into the workshop. Because the floor of the workshop was land, it was compacted and flat, and there was no barrier from the door to the drying area, so the 20 vats were soon in the designated location.

After that, Ji Chunshan paid the remaining money, and the kiln factory people left. When he returned to the drying area, he saw Jinfeng had already drawn water from the new well when the workshop was built, and was washing the newly delivered vats. Ji Chunshan couldn't let him work alone, so he took off his coat, rolled up his sleeves, and worked together.

When Ye Qinglan arrived at the workshop, he saw Ji Chunshan half-kneeling and carefully cleaning the large vat with a rag. It was late autumn now, and he had put on a jacket, but Ji Chunshan was only wearing a single piece of clothing. As he moved, the muscles of his shoulders, back and arms swelled, and the not-so-loose clothes were propped up, making him look broad-shouldered, broad-backed, and strong.

After a vat was cleaned, Ji Chunshan turned it upside down, letting it dry naturally, and no more dust would fall into it. After the last vat was cleaned and turned upside down, Ji Chunshan stood up and wiped the sweat from his forehead. He was panting a little, after all, he had been busy since breakfast until now, but he had not rested for a moment.