Chapter 136 Ye Ren

One day, Ji Chunshan was sowing several varieties of pepper seeds in the greenhouse, which he had specially asked Guo Lun to collect and send back after he went to Lingnan. Danqing suddenly came to report that several people who were said to be Ye Qinglan's uncle, aunt and cousin had come to ask Ji Chunshan how to deal with them.

"Finally they are here." Ji Chunshan smiled in an ambiguous way, and said to Danqing: "Let them wait in the main hall, but don't let them come to the backyard. I'll go later."

"Yes." Danqing responded, bowed and left the greenhouse, and hurried to the front yard with Aunt Wu who came to inform her of this matter.

She heard something strange in Ji Chunshan's tone, and thought of what she had heard from Ji Chunshan and Ye Qinglan about Ye Qinglan's uncle's family. She thought to herself that she should go there in person, and she must also warn Old Man Qi and the others not to let anyone break into the backyard again. After all, although Ye Qinglan has given birth to a child, there are many taboos during the confinement period, and she must not be disturbed by anything.

After Danqing left, Ji Chunshan still used a hoe to cultivate the soil for the last few seedling pits. After all the pepper seeds were planted, he returned to Lanxuan and changed his clothes covered with dirt and dust.

After changing his clothes and coming out of the bedroom, he saw Dankou carrying two plates of tea and snacks to the study, so he said, "If the lady wants to find me, tell her that I went to the front to find Wen Liang to check the bill of the restaurant and will be back soon."

Although Ji Chunshan said so, he felt that Ye Qinglan would not look for him for a while. After all, Moyun had only been here for a while, and the two of them must be chatting happily in the study now. However, he was cautious and proper by nature, so he still gave a warning.

After Dankou agreed, Ji Chunshan did not go to the study to say anything to Ye Qinglan, and went directly to the front yard. Standing outside the door of the main room, he could faintly hear the voice coming from inside, so Ji Chunshan stopped Danqing from opening the curtain for him.

"...Dad, Mom, and eldest and third brothers, when my cousin comes, you can talk more about my cousin's childhood, and talk about how good my third brother and my cousin were when they were young. My cousin is a soft-hearted person, and thinking of the past, we can talk about it later. But you must not say a word about my cousin's marriage. Although it has been so long, my cousin was unwilling to get married at first..." The voice was spoken by a young woman. Although Ji Chunshan did not recognize the voice, he heard the familiarity of the tone with other people. He thought it should be Ye Mingyue, the youngest daughter of Ye Qinglan's uncle, who was average-looking but sensible.

The next voice was from a young man who looked a bit frivolous. He said nonchalantly, "What can't be said? If we hadn't helped suppress that scandal, would Ye Qinglan be able to live in a big house and call servants? Now he doesn't even thank us, and he hasn't even gone back to see us. He even sent his second brother to jail. He is really heartless." This time, Ji Chunshan recognized that it was Ye Qinglan's second cousin, Ye Ruiming, who was good at nothing and had nothing to eat.

"Shut up. Brother Lan will be here soon. If you dare to say these nonsense again, I will break your legs when I get back!" The slightly thick and hoarse middle-aged male voice, Ye Qinglan's uncle Ye Fuan, scolded his second son who didn't know the seriousness of the matter.

It was just that he had just finished scolding Ye Ruiming when he was scolded by his wife, Qiu: "Ye Fuan, why are you being so arrogant to the second brother? The second brother is not wrong. Although we were the ones who forced Lan Ge'er, wasn't it for his own good? He is already like that, what else can he do if he doesn't marry? If Lan Ge'er had followed his own wishes, how could he live such a good life now? Not to mention the reputation of the whole family, what good end would he have? In a place with stricter rules, he might have been drowned in a pond. We helped him cover up the scandal and preserve the reputation of the second brother and his wife. I also gave him several hundred taels of dowry. I have done my best. I have nothing to say to him. What can't I say?"