Chapter 17

Wang Xiaoer

When the original body was young, his family was well-off. As the only son, he naturally would not miss school. The Ji family at that time was not something that could not be afforded. Naturally, they prepared all the pens, inkstones, and inkstones. They also set up a small study room for the original body. However, the Ji family fell into decline and even sold the house. The original body did not bring many things out of the small study room. Now there is only this stone inkstone.

Speaking of it, the original body and Ye Qinglan knew each other before they got married. They were old acquaintances. When the original body was young, he studied in the school run by Ye Qinglan's father. However, he was naughty and undisciplined since he was a child. Ye's father was good at teaching but not good at educating people. He had no way to deal with the original body, and he could not let him make trouble all day and disrupt the class, so he could only persuade him to drop out. After that, the original body and Ye Qinglan had another intersection on the day when Ye Qinglan's second cousin got married.

Ye Qinglan saw the book under the paper and pen. He took it out and looked at it. He couldn't help but said, "So many"

Ji Chunshan smiled and said, "I asked the shopkeeper of the bookstore what books children should read for enlightenment. He recommended these books to me. I didn't know which one was good, so I bought them all. Xu'er can learn from them in turn, otherwise it would be too boring to read the same book all the time."

Ye Qinglan looked at Ji Chunshan and didn't say anything. He just nodded as if he agreed with what he said.

Ji Chunshan said again, "Although I have studied for a few years, I am not as good as you. In the future, you can teach Xu'er to read and write, so that you don't have to stay in the house all day. When Xu'er learns these books, I will buy new ones."

Ye Qinglan had been teaching Ji Ningxu to read before, so he naturally had no objection to what Ji Chunshan said. However, when Ji Chunshan was about to take water to grind and prepare for Ji Ningxu to learn to write calligraphy, he stopped him.

Ye Qinglan said, "Xu'er is still young. When he first started learning to write, he could just practice on the table with a brush dipped in water. It's too wasteful to use pen, ink and paper now."

Ji Chunshan wanted to say that a few pieces of paper were nothing, and he could afford them, but Ye Qinglan rarely expressed her ideas to him, which was a good sign. He felt that he should support and encourage her, so he said, "Okay, I'll listen to you."

Then, Ji Chunshan put away the white paper, ink, inkstone, and the two books "Hundred Family Names" and "Thousand Character Classic" according to Ye Qinglan's instructions. Ye Qinglan opened the only remaining "Three Character Classic" and began to teach Ji Ningxu to read and write. Ji Chunshan was rarely free, so he listened for a while.

"When a man is born."

"Human nature is good."

...

Ji Ningxu sat next to Ye Qinglan, the father and son, one big and one small, were close together, reading the same book, the older one read a sentence, the younger one followed, the clear and gentle voice of the young man and the childish and tender tone of the child sounded in succession, Ji Chunshan not only did not find it boring, but listened with relish.

But he was a person who could not sit still after all, and he got up and walked out quietly after sitting for a while. Today he bought 100 kilograms of fresh lotus roots at once, 70 kilograms of which were put in the cellar for daily consumption, and the other 30 kilograms were prepared to be made into lotus root powder.