A Fragile Reunion

It had been years since the four girls had been together in the same room, but as Tacia opened the door to her home, there was a wave of excitement and nostalgia. Sari, who had arrived a little earlier, stood next to Tacia, anticipation bubbling in her chest. They hadn’t seen Scarlet and Mira in what felt like an eternity, and the thought of reuniting was enough to make her smile despite all the challenges she'd faced in recent years.

Mira was the first to appear, her arms outstretched, her luggage forgotten at the foot of the steps.

“We’re finally here!” she exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement. She had flown all the way from Philippines, and the long trip was nothing compared to the joy of being reunited with her best friends. Mira immediately pulled Sari and Tacia into a tight hug, not letting go for a long moment.

Just behind her, Scarlet stood with her usual cool demeanor, though her eyes softened as she took in the sight of her friends.

“grabe girls. Sobrang na miss namin kayo!” Scarlet stepping forward. She reached out and pulled them all into a group hug, the laughter spilling out as they embraced each other tightly.

The four stood there in a tight circle, the years of separation melting away in that instant. Tacia, usually calm and composed, couldn’t stop smiling. “I’ve missed this,” she admitted softly, her voice almost cracking.

Sari, wiping away a tear, looked at each of them with overwhelming gratitude. “We’ve been through so much, but here we are.”

Mira grinned, her artistic spirit still as vibrant as ever. “We’ve always been here for each other, no matter the distance.”

Scarlet nodded. “And we always will be.”

As the four girls settled into the cozy living room of Tacia's home, the conversation quickly turned into playful banter. They caught up on each other's lives, laughter filling the room as the years apart faded into the background.

Mira, leaning back on the couch with a mischievous grin, decided it was time to drop her news. “So… mayroon akong gustong sabihin sa inyo.” She paused dramatically, glancing around at her friends who were now looking at her with curiosity.

“What is it? ” Sari urged, her eyes widening with anticipation.

Mira’s grin grew wider as she slowly lifted her left hand, revealing a sparkling ring. “I’m engaged!”

The room erupted with gasps and laughter as everyone’s eyes locked onto the ring. Tacia immediately squealed in delight, jumping up to hug Mira, while Scarlet leaned in closer to inspect the ring.

“To Cole?!” Sari blurted out in surprise, her hands flying to her mouth. “You and Cole are engaged?!”

Mira nodded proudly. “Yes! Cole proposed a few months ago, and of course, I said yes. Hihindian ko pa ba? sayang naman, mapunta lang sa iba!”

Scarlet shook her head, smirking. “alam naman talaga namin na hindi mo hihindian, eh ang tagal mo na ding hinintay ang pagkakataong mag propose siya sayo.”

Tacia, still grinning, looked at Mira with admiration. “naiiyak ako, may ikakasal na sa grupo natin. Mira. I’m so happy for you!”

“kayo naman next girls,” Mira beamed. “lahat tayo ikakasal ang mag kakaroon ng masayang pamilya.”

Scarlet leaned back with a knowing smile. “Well, I guess I should give an update too. Jo and I are still going strong. We’ve been thinking about moving in together officially.” She said it with a casual tone, but the warmth in her voice was unmistakable.

“You and Jo? Aba!” Sari grinned. “naging kayo? eh daig niyo pa yung mga aso't pusa kung  mag away ah.”

Scarlet gave a small shrug, though the hint of pride was clear in her eyes. “kasalan ko ba, kung patay na patay yung bruha na yun sa'kin. Syempre sinagot ko, kawawa naman, pinag bantaan pa nga ako na mag papakamatay daw siya pag binasted ko eh.”

Tacia laughed and raised an eyebrow at Scarlet. “mahilig ka pala sa kalaban? The queen of independence is going domestic!”

They all laughed, and Scarlet playfully rolled her eyes. “wala eh, masyadong maganda.”

As the conversation flowed, the attention turned to Tacia, who had been mostly quiet so far. Mira raised an eyebrow, a teasing smile forming on her lips. “What about you, Tacia? kamusta ng pala yung sa inyo ni M?”

Tacia groaned, rubbing her temples. “Please, don’t even start. It’s just been work, work, and more work. You all know how it is being a doctor.”

Scarlet smirked, leaning in. “i chachange topic? Sus Tacia miss mo na no?”

Tacia shook her head, laughing. “mga baliw! kinalimutan ko na yun, for sure ganon din siya.”

But Mira wasn’t about to let her off that easy. “Really? Because I heard that Mics is still waiting for you no matter how long it is?”

Tacia’s face flushed slightly, and the girls immediately picked up on it.

“Oh my god, you still have a thing for Mics, don’t you?” Scarlet teased, her voice full of mock shock.

Tacia waved them off, though her smile gave her away. “Please, Mics and I are ancient history, pinili ko siyang iwan, at kung nag hihintay naman siya talaga nasa kanya nayun.”

“Yeah, but didn’t you two have that intense connection? Come on, Tacia, admit it,” Scarlet chimed in, laughing.

Tacia groaned again but couldn’t hide her amusement. “Alright, fine. Mics and I did have something special, more than that, alam niyong naging ex ko siya But. I haven’t even spoken to her since we broke up.”

The teasing continued, and Tacia couldn’t help but laugh along with them. “ wala na akong mukhang maihaharap kay Mics, nasaktan ko siya ng sobra, at ayokong makita siyang umiiyak ulit ng dahil lang sa'kin .”

Finally, they turned to Sari, who had been listening quietly with a soft smile. Scarlet nudged her gently. “And how about our super mom here? How’s it going with Miyuki?”

Sari’s face lit up at the mention of her daughter. “She’s my whole world. It’s been hard, but raising her has been the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

The girls all nodded in understanding, admiration clear in their eyes.

“I can’t believe how strong you are, Sari,” Tacia said softly. “Doing it all on your own, you’re amazing.”

Sari smiled, though there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. “It hasn’t been easy, but Miyuki makes everything worth it. She’s growing up so fast.”

“And you’re doing an incredible job,” Mira added.

The warmth and support from her friends filled Sari’s heart, reminding her of the bond they had shared for years. They had all gone through so much in their lives love, heartbreak, career changes, and personal struggles but here they were, still together, stronger than ever.