Awakening to Heart ache

Later that evening, as Sari was still processing her strange conversation with Travis, there was another knock at the door. When she opened it, Zach stood there, smiling warmly, with a casual, easy demeanor that always helped her relax.

“Hello sa napaka ganda kong kapatid,” he greeted, stepping inside. “I was just thinking… Kiera and I were wondering if Miyuki could stay over at our place tonight. She loves hanging out with her tita, and we thought we could have a fun night with her.”

Sari hesitated for a moment. She looked over at Miyuki, who was busy coloring at the kitchen table, unaware of the conversation. She trusted Zach completely, but after everything that had happened that day, she was unsure if she wanted to be alone with her thoughts.

Zach seemed to sense her hesitation. “ngayong gabi lang, Sari. Payagan mo na, and I know things have been tough lately. Let us spoil Miyuki tonight. She’ll have a great time.”

Sari smiled softly, feeling grateful for her brother’s offer. “Okay,” she said finally. “ingatan mo anak ko ha,kundi alam mo na mangyayari sayo.”

As the time came for Miyuki to leave with Zach, Sari knelt down beside her daughter, who was excitedly packing her favorite stuffed toy into a small bag. Miyuki looked up at her mom with her usual bright eyes, filled with curiosity and joy.

Sari smiled, brushing a stray lock of hair behind Miyuki’s ear. “you're going to have a great time with tito dad Zach and Tita mom Kiera, okay? Make sure you behave and have lots of fun.”

Miyuki nodded eagerly, her little hands gripping her toy. “Will you miss me, Mommy?” she asked, her innocent question tugging at Sari’s heart.

Sari laughed softly and kissed her on the forehead. “Of course I will, anak. But I know you’ll be back before I know it.” She hugged Miyuki tightly for a moment, not wanting to let go.

As Zach and Miyuki headed toward the door, Sari waved, watching them leave. The house suddenly felt quiet and still.

                     ----------------

That night, as Sari drifted into sleep, her mind wandered into a dream a vivid, romantic dream that felt so real it made her heart ache. She found herself standing in a familiar place, a park where she and Gio used to go. The sun was setting, casting a golden glow over everything, and there was a soft breeze in the air.

Sari looked around, and suddenly there was Gio, walking towards her with that same smile that used to light up her world. Gio’s eyes sparkled with warmth and admiration, the way they always had when she looked at Sari. They stood facing each other, the distance between them closing until Gio gently took Sari’s hand.

They laughed together, the sound of Gio’s laugh so real, so comforting. Then, without a word, Gio leaned in, and their lips met in a kiss that felt electric, as if time had stopped.

It was the same kiss they had shared so many times before, full of love and longing. Sari could feel the softness of Gio’s lips, the way Gio’s hand rested on her cheek, just like she always did.

The dream was perfect filled with the smiles, the laughter, and the connection they once had. Sari felt safe, loved, and whole in Gio's presence, the admiration in Gio's eyes mirroring everything Sari missed. It was as if, for a moment, they were together again, with all the love they used to share.

But just as quickly as the dream had begun, it started to fade. Sari tried to hold on to it, to Gio, but the world of her dream dissolved, and she woke up. Lying in the darkness, she could still feel the ghost of Gio’s kiss on her lips, her heart aching with the realization that it had only been a dream.

As Sari slowly awakened, the remnants of the dream lingered in her mind like a bittersweet melody. She lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, trying to grasp the fading warmth of Gio’s smile and the softness of their kiss.

“bakit ko siya napaginipan?” she whispered to herself, her voice barely above a murmur. The weight of her longing settled heavily in her chest.

Sari rolled over, staring out the window at the early morning light filtering through the curtains. “kung kailan okay na ako, tsaka naman siya mag paparamdam uli?” she pondered, her thoughts racing.

She could almost picture Gio there with her, the laughter, the love, and the way they used to talk about their dreams for the future. “Sabagay iniwan mo ako ng walang pasabi, kaya hanggang sa panaginip ko nalang kita ulit makikita, hinahanap mo kaya ako?” Sari asked, her heart aching with the uncertainty.

With a deep sigh, she pushed herself up in bed, trying to shake off the melancholy. “Maybe it’s time to let go,” she said softly, but the thought felt heavy and foreign. “But how can I let go of someone who made me feel so alive? ang hirap”

The morning felt different, charged with emotions she couldn’t quite process. Sari knew she had to move forward for Miyuki’s sake, but the dream had opened a door to feelings she thought she had locked away.

“gising Sari. Panaginip lang yun, huwag kanang umasa,” she resolved, knowing she couldn’t stay stuck in the past forever.