A sparkling Forever

(SCARLET & JO)

It was a perfect evening, the sky painted with the fading colors of the sunset as Jo led Scarlet along a secluded garden path. The air was filled with the scent of fresh flowers, and twinkling fairy lights hung above, casting a soft glow over the scene.

Scarlet, ever the glamorous and stylish one, had no idea what Jo had planned but was intrigued. She looked stunning, as always, in her chic outfit and perfectly done makeup, her kikay flair shining through.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" Scarlet asked with a playful grin, her curiosity piqued as they continued down the candlelit path.

Jo smiled, her heart racing in her chest. Tonight was the night. She had been planning this moment for months, wanting it to be perfect for Scarlet. "Sumunod kalang," she said, squeezing Scarlet's hand as they approached a beautifully set-up space in the garden.

Scarlet gasped when she saw it. A small table was draped with delicate lace, surrounded by lanterns and petals scattered across the grass. Above them, hanging from a tree branch, was a sign that read "Forever Begins Here."

Tears welled up in Scarlet’s eyes as she turned to Jo, her breath catching in her throat. "Jo... Totoo ba'to?. You did all this?"

Jo grinned, her nerves bubbling up inside but masked by the love and excitement she felt. "Only for you, babe," she whispered. She led Scarlet to the center of the setup, and the moment felt as though time had stopped.

Then, Jo knelt down on one knee, pulling out a small velvet box from her pocket. Scarlet's hands flew to her mouth, her eyes wide in shock and overflowing with emotion.

"Scarlet," Jo began, her voice steady but filled with love, "from the moment I met you, my life became brighter, more colorful, and full of joy. You’re everything I never knew I needed bold, beautiful, full of life. You make me better in every way, and I want to spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you’ve made me. Kahit na parang mga aso't pusa tayo kung mag bangayan dati"

Scarlet’s eyes shimmered with tears, her heart racing. She felt overwhelmed by the love in Jo’s words, and a soft sob escaped her lips.

Jo smiled up at her, flipping open the ring box to reveal a sparkling, elegant diamond ring that caught the light perfectly. "Scarlet, my kikay queen and my pink blush on, will you marry me? Will you let me be your forever?"

Scarlet's tears spilled over as she nodded, unable to contain her joy. "Yes! Yes, of course, I will! gusto kitang makasama habang buhay aking  maasim na mangga" she cried, her voice shaking with emotion. She pulled Jo up from the ground and threw her arms around her, holding her tight as they both laughed and cried in each other’s embrace.

Jo slid the ring onto Scarlet’s finger, and it fit perfectly, just like the two of them. They kissed, the garden filled with the sound of their happiness, and the fairy lights seemed to twinkle even brighter in celebration.

Scarlet pulled back, admiring the ring and then looking at Jo with the widest smile. "May pwde na akong ipag malaki sa mga mapang asar kong kaibigan" she teased, her playful spirit breaking through the emotions of the moment.

Jo chuckled, brushing a tear from Scarlet’s cheek. "babe naman."

As the night continued, they sat together under the stars, wrapped in each other's arms, knowing that this was just the beginning of their forever.