Whisper of Loss

2 YEAR'S LATER

It was a sunny afternoon when Tacia arrived at Sari’s house, her excitement palpable as she knocked on the door. Sari opened it, and Tacia beamed at her, holding a brightly colored bag in one hand.

“Surprise!” Tacia exclaimed, stepping inside with her trademark enthusiasm.

Miyuki, who was playing with her toys on the living room floor, looked up curiously. “Tita Tacia!” she squealed, rushing over to greet her.

“Hey, princess!” Tacia knelt down, her eyes sparkling. “I brought you something special!” She reached into the bag and pulled out a beautifully wrapped box. “This is for you!”

Miyuki’s eyes widened in excitement as she took the box. “What is it?” she asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

“Open it and see!” Tacia encouraged, her smile widening as she watched Miyuki unwrap the gift. With each tear of the paper, Tacia’s excitement grew, knowing how much Miyuki loved surprises.

Finally, Miyuki revealed a cute plush toy, a soft bunny with big floppy ears and a pink bow. “It’s so cute!” she exclaimed, hugging it tightly against her chest.

“I thought you’d love it!” Tacia said, her heart warming at the sight of Miyuki’s joy. “I know how much you like bunnies.”

Miyuki grinned up at Tacia. “Thank you, Tita Tacia! Can I name her?”

“Of course! What are you going to name her?” Tacia asked, leaning closer.

Miyuki thought for a moment, her brows furrowing in concentration. “I’m going to name her yuki!”

“yuki is the perfect name!” Tacia replied, clapping her hands in delight. “Now you have a new friend to play with.”

Sari watched the exchange with a smile, grateful for Tacia’s thoughtfulness. It was moments like these that brought light and laughter into their lives, especially for Miyuki during such a challenging time.

Miyuki, still holding her new toy, turned to Sari. “Can we play with Fluffy together, Mommy?”

“Of course, sweetheart,” Sari replied, her heart swelling with love as she joined them on the floor. “Let’s make a fun adventure for Yuki!”

As Sari, Miyuki, and Tacia continued their playful adventures with Fluffy, the door swung open, and in walked Zach, Sari's brother, with his wife Kiera beside him.

“Hey, everyone!” Zach called out, his voice bright and cheerful. “We’re here!”

Miyuki's face lit up at the sight of her tito and tita. “Tito dad! Tita mommy!” she shouted, jumping up and running toward them with Fluffy clutched in her arms.

Kiera smiled warmly as she bent down to greet her niece. “Hi, sweetie! We were just thinking it was a perfect day for some fun outside. How about a little adventure?”

Zach chimed in, ruffling Miyuki’s hair playfully. “What do you say, Miyuki? Want to go on a little outing with your tito dad and tita mommy?”

Miyuki hesitated for a moment, glancing back at Sari. “Can I, Mommy?” she asked, her big eyes looking for reassurance.

Sari smiled, feeling a mix of happiness and a tinge of reluctance to let her daughter go. “Of course, anak! Just remember to stay close and have fun,” she replied, knowing how much Miyuki loved spending time with Zach and Kiera.

“Yay!” Miyuki exclaimed, her excitement bubbling over as she bounced on her toes. “Can yuki come too?”

“of course! Yuki can join the adventure,” Kiera said with a grin. “Let’s take her along!”

Sari watched as they prepared to leave, her heart swelling with pride and gratitude for Zach and Kiera’s love for Miyuki. She appreciated the support they provided, knowing that their time together would bring her daughter joy.

“bantayan mong maigi ang anak ko kuya ha!” Sari called after them as they headed out the door.

“Don’t worry!” Zach replied, waving goodbye as he ushered Miyuki outside.

After a while, Sari noticed that Tacia had grown quiet. While the two of them were still sitting on the floor, Tacia's smile didn't quite reach her eyes, and she seemed lost in thought, occasionally glancing toward the window as if she were miles away.

Sari felt a tug of concern. She set down her own toy and turned to Tacia, her tone gentle but firm. “Tacia, is everything okay?”

Tacia hesitated, her fingers fidgeting with the edge of her shirt. “I’m fine, Sari. Just a little tired, I guess,” she replied, but the forced smile gave her away.

Sari wasn’t convinced. “kilala kita, alam kong May tinatago ka.”

Tacia bit her lip, looking conflicted. “Really, it’s nothing. I don’t want to bring you down, especially with everything you’re going through with Miyuki.”

Sari leaned in closer, her eyes softening. “Tacia, ikaw ang naging takbuhan ko sa mga panahong lunod na lunod ako sa problema, ngayon sabihin mo kung anung gustong mong sabihin. Promise makikinig ako.”

After a moment of silence, Tacia finally sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat. “Okay, but… it’s hard to talk about.”

Sari nodded, encouraging her with a gentle touch on her arm. “Take your time.”

Taking a deep breath, Tacia continued, her voice barely above a whisper. “I heard some news that… Mics is married now. She got married in the Philippines.”

Sari’s heart sank, and she could see the pain in Tacia’s eyes. “teka, si Mics kasal na?. So wala ng hintayan na magaganap?.”

Tacia nodded, tears brimming in her eyes. “I thought… I thought she might wait for m. Pero hindi ko naman din siya masisi, pinili ko ang career ko Keysa sa relasyon namin, pero bakit nasasaktan ako, ako lang pala ang nag assume”

Sari moved closer, wrapping her arms around Tacia in a comforting embrace. “Hindi mo kasalanan na mas inuna mo yung career mo. Ang mali lang hindi mo nagawang ipaglaban ang relasyong meron kayo dati, huwag kanang umiyak Tacia, ginusto mo yan.”

“I just feel so lost,” Tacia admitted, her voice muffled against Sari’s shoulder. “I thought there was a chance we could be together again. Now it feels like all those dreams are gone. Ang tanga tanga ko Sari”

Sari held her tighter, wishing she could take away her pain. “tulad ng sabi mo, hindi natin masisi si Mics if nag nahanap siya ng iba, siguro gusto niya na ding mag karoon ng pamilya, Tacia, nag mahal lang din si Mics tulad mo pero at the end pareho kayong nasaktan.”

After a moment, Tacia pulled back slightly, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. “wala na akong babalikan, Sari. Hindi na ako ang mahal niya nag laho na lahat ng promises niya, I hate her.”

“pangakong napako, haysst. Mahirap ng paniwalaan yan, alam mong minsan na din akong nabiktima sa mga bulok na pangako, don't worry Tacia, andito naman ako, kami ni Miyuki, hayaan mo muna yang Mics na yan.”

Tacia managed a small smile, the weight of her burdens feeling a little lighter. “Yeah, I’d like that.”

                            --------

HELOUR MY LOVES! SA  MONDAY ULIT NEXT UPDATE. SOBRANG HECTIC NG SCHED. THIS WEEK༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
        KEEP SAFE EVERYONE!!