5. Saying Goodbye To Natalie And Nate

Song for this chapter:
Hearts On Fire - Passenger

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov

I wake up to nurses and doctors taking out all of the tubes and needles from my body. The constant tug from when the needles and tubes have been pulled out and then the sting that lasts for a few seconds afterwards. I lay still and breath steady. I tell myself to stay calm as its a sign that I am getting better and don't need the support I use to need.

'One... Two... Three.' I repeat in my head to help me breath steadily.

When I am sure that they have finished pulling things out of me and moving the monitors and other machines out the room, I open my eyes. I jump slightly at the sight of Maggie, Toby and the Nurse. They're not exactly the faces I want to wake up to, especially Maggie and Toby.

"Morning sweet." The nurse says smiling sadly.

"Morning Noelani, the doctors have said you can come with us as soon as you are ready to go. But it does have to be during the course of today." Maggie says harshly.

"We'll give you time to say goodbye to the nurses and doctors that helped you and any friends you may have made here."

"I haven't had the chance to make any friends." I say quietly.

"Well I guess it will be much easier for you to leave and come with us then." Maggie snarls.

I look at the nurse with begging eyes and she smiles sadly again. Why can't she look after me? It is so obvious she doesn't want me going with them!

"We'll see you when you are ready, here are some new clothes." Toby says giving me some clean clothing.

"Thank you." I whisper trying to hold back tears.

"Do you want to come with me to the toilets to get changed?" The nurse asks.

I nod my head and she helps me out of the bed. She holds out her hand and I take it shyly, the first time I have actually wanted to hold her hand since I've been removed from the accident. She smiles and we both walk to the door.

"She doesn't need you to hold her hand!" Maggie shouts after us.

"She can hold my hand if she wants to! The girl has just lost her parents and you are taking her away!" The nurse shouts.

"Yes well it's her fault her parents are dead!" Maggie screams.

I let go of the Nurses hand as shock and sadness fills me. Tears leave my eyes as what Maggie said settles on me. I run out the room as I clutch the clothes to my chest. I run down the corridors and I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry." I cry.

I look up and it is the doctor that treated my hand yesterday after I had my small tantrum.

"Hey, it's okay." He says.

I feel someone grab my arm and pull me away from him. I cry in pain as it's my left arm, the arm I have injured.

"That was a very stupid action!" Maggie shouts at me.

"Maggie let go of her now!" Toby commands.

She lets go of my arm after having a tight grip on it and it starts to tingle and pain fills the area where hand marks have been left in my pain white skin. Toby kneels in front of me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"No, I don't want to go with you or her. You're both horrible." I cry.