9. Playing Is Tiring

Noelani's pov

I wake up screaming and Toby and Scarlett run into the room, looking scared out of their minds. Toby sits me on his lap and I cry into his shoulder as I cling onto my teddy. He rubs my back gently to try and calm me down and I hold onto him with my arms now around his shoulders.

"What's wrong sweetie? Was it a bad dream?" Toby asks me, swaying a little to help calm me down.

"It was a nightmare! They ripped up my teddy and were laughing at me because I was too short to grab him from them. She cut off his head and they pulled out his stuffing and destroyed him." I explain in tears.

"It's only a bad dream sweet. Mr Teddy is still here and perfectly healthy aren't you Mr Teddy?" He asks the Mr Teddy who is sat on my lap.

I nod his head and giggle when Toby dances around with me still sat on his lap.

"Do you know the best way to get a nightmare out of your head? It's the best kind of medication for feeling better." Scarlett asks with a small smile

I shake my head not knowing what the medication is.

"Tickle time!" Toby and Scarlett squeal together.

Toby lays me down on the floor and both him and Scarlett start tickling my sides, neck, chest, arms and feet. I scream with laughter and try to grab their hands to stop them as I roll round the floor trying to dodge their fingers. Toby flips me onto my tummy and they start to tickle my back and the back of my legs. I scream and try to crawl away. I push myself up onto my feet and I run out of the playroom squealing. I run to the office and Mike smiles down at me as he works.

"I need to hide from Toby and Scarlett!" I say closing the door.

"Quick! Hide under my desk!" He says pointing at where I can hide.

I run to the hiding spot and I hide underneath. I sit on the floor and hug my knees as Mike sits back on his seat and acts as if he has been working the whole time. I hold my breath when I hear the office door open. I see Toby's shoes underneath the desk and I hold back my giggles. I can't ruin my brilliant hiding place...

"Mike have you seen Noelani? She is hiding really well and we can't find her anywhere." Toby says dramatically and out of breathe.

"No I haven't seen her since she fell asleep. Have you tried the garden?" Mike suggests as he shrugs a little.

"No I haven't. She might be hiding behind a tree." Toby says thinking about it.

"Yeah, probably." Mike says smiling.

I watch Toby walk out the room from underneath the desk. I giggle when I hear the back door open. I crawl out from underneath the table and Mike holds out his hand for a high five. I slap his hand and run out of the office. Toby comes back from the garden and I scream as it was a trap! I run up the stairs but he pretends to climb them slowly. I run up to my bedroom with him chasing after me and I close my bedroom door and crawl underneath my bed. He opens the door and I giggle slightly but I shush myself and hold onto Mr Teddy's hand as I took him with me.

"I wonder where Noelani is... Boo!" He shouts as he grabs my hands and pulls me out from underneath my bed.

I squeal and he starts to tickle me on my bed.

"Toby... Stop... I... Can't... Breath." I say gasping for breath...

~~~~~~~~~~