65. Graduation

Songs for this chapter:
Hello - Adele
Happy Little Pill - Troye Sivan
Lay Me Down - Sam Smith
I Miss You - Adele

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
I get changed into my graduation uniform. Curl my hair ever so slightly and I feel so incredibly sick. I have everything written out. I have everything planned and I hate that I have a plan for this. I still have my performances to do. My performances for which I will either get a shit or good grade for my music.

My grade that will maybe help change my life. I leave my bedroom, checking everything over and making sure it's how I want it. I close my door and walk down the stairs, I grab my bag and leave the prison of a care home. I walk to school, going through the graveyard first to pay a visit.

"Hey mum, dad, Jessie, Mike... I graduate today. I can finally leave school for good and America. It has been hell since April... I haven't been able to cope through this, I can't... I don't know how because England is going to be no better for me. But I have tried, please know that I have. I will try and make you proud because this will be the last time I see you, this is my goodbye to you four.

"I love you all so much and I am sorry for putting our name to shame. I'm not a slut I promise, I have only ever been with Connor and those photo's were taken without my permission. You know I would never let anyone take those types of photo's. I'm sorry this has had to happen. I love you all, goodbye." I kiss each of the graves, stand up and walk away, not looking back as tears dribble down my cheeks.

I arrive at school and Mr McCarthy takes me to the backstage and talks me through everything. I nod weakly.

"Good luck Noelani... You'll do amazing." He says.

I look at my head teacher for the last actual time. I nod slightly and he holds his hand out. I take it, shake his hand and walk away. I go onto the stage, by the curtains and sit on the stall. My first two pieces are for the cello. I am going to perform 'Elastic Heart' and 'All of Me'.

Everyone fills the hall. All of the people I have spent five years suffering with. Their parents sitting at the back, waiting to be made proud of by their kids getting good grades. Tyler, Troye, the other's are all sat front row, smiling up at me. I look at all of their faces, taking them in for one of the lasts times. I smile small-y, everything left of me shattering with that small smile.

Everyone goes silent once they are sat and I begin to play my first piece. Nerves filling me so I close my eyes and ignore everything. My hands move carefully, scared that I will mess up. I sing confidently, I play confidently, remembering this is MY exam. This is my last chance.

I make it through the song and everyone claps with the feeling of having too. Only the headteacher, my music teacher, the exam board and Troye, Tyler and the other's clapping with the actual meaning. Everyone quietens and the maths results are done first followed by geography and history. I collect mine, all of which I got an A in for Geography and an A* in maths. But they don't matter to me as much as I would want them to. I am still proud, but I just hope I get those results for English and Art and then Music.

When they have all been handed out I perform my second piece, earning the same applause but maybe a few more hands clapping with the meaning. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are handed out and I got two A*'s in for Biology and Chemistry and a high B in for Physics as that is my worst subject.