43. Long Runs

Song for this chapter:
Domino - Jessie J

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's PoV
I wake up the next morning to my alarm going off. I turn it off and look next to me, having to wake Connor up too, only, he isn't there, a replacement is. I sit up and rub my eyes and pick up the note.

'Morning gorgeous, I'm sorry you haven't been woken up by kisses but I hope this can be an alternative. I didn't bring any of my stuff with me so I had to go back home to get ready. I'll pick you up though, see you soon and enjoy your breakfast! I love you! ~Connor xxx'

I smile at his note and rest it on my lap and look at my bed. I see a Starbucks coffee, a small fruit bowl and of course, a red rose. My smile grows and I grab my phone.

'Morning Connor, thank you for breakfast! I hope kisses will be okay as a thank you? You didn't have to, I would have been happy with just the note. I love you lots! ~Noelani xxx'

I send it and then dig in. My coffee is still hot so I guess he left a few minutes before I woke up. I enjoy my fruit bowl and coffee and when I am done I get changed into my school uniform and go down to have a wash. Once I am done I take off the bandaging on my arms to see that they are still open cuts. I frown at myself and regret fills my stomach.

I sigh and pull down my sleeves without replacing the bandaging and I go back up to my room and curl my hair. I add a flower crown and sort out my school bag and do some homework until I hear a knock on my bedroom door. Before I can turn round I feel his lips pressed on to my cheek. I chuckle as it tickles and I feel him giggle against my cheek. I turn round and look up at him.

"Did you save me any fruit?" He asks against my lips.

"Not a chance." I say leaning closer to him.

"I hope I can taste them on your lips." He says and with that, he kisses me.

I kiss him back and he pulls away.

"Still tastes like berries." He says grinning.

"That's good then." I say smiling a little.

"As much as I would love your berry lips on mine, the gates of hell are calling for us both." Connor says taking my hands and pulling me up.

"Connie..." I groan and he puts my bag on my back like I am a little kid.

He takes my hand and we walk down the stairs and walk out the front door. I lock it as no one else is awake. We walk down the road holding hands and I grab Connor's arm with my free hand and he looks down at me as I see his dark brown eyes staring at us.

"Connor can we go a different way? Please?" I ask him desperately.

"Why? What's wrong?" Connor asks me worried.

"Please..." I say as my anxiety gets worse.

"Okay." Connor says when he realises how desperate I am.

We go down a path and we see the school in front of us.

"Why did you want to go another way? You seemed terrified of something." Connor says looking down at me.

"I saw him... Ricky... He was glaring at us and I didn't like it. I know I should have ignored him but..." I say shaking.

"It's okay, I understand." Connor says kissing the top of my head. "By the way, your hair looks really nice. I like it a lot."

"Thank you. I like our quiff. Have you changed the way you done it? It's more to the side." I say looking up at his hair.

"Yeah I have actually. I'm surprised anyone would notice. Thank you." Connor says smiling.