31. Movies and Blanket Forts

Songs for this chapter:
Make It To Me - Sam Smith
Latch (acoustic) - Sam Smith

~~~~~~~~~~

Connors pov
Noelani chuckles at my imitation of my mum and follows me upstairs. I change into some different pj bottoms and I get Noelani another oversized sweater. I give it to her and she goes into the bathroom to get changed and ready for bed. I go downstairs and wash my face and brush my teeth. I go into my room quickly and get two movies and I sit them on my bed and run downstairs to get snacks. I make a hot water bottle and get some blankets and run back upstairs. I place them all neatly on the bed and I also have hot cocoa for us with some squirty cream, sprinkles and a flake. I wait for Noelani to come back in and she is taking a little while.

She comes back in with her hair down and neatly brushed, making her curls look neat and gorgeous. She pulls the sweater down a little more and it comes just above her knees. I sit up a little and she stops when she see's the set up. She looks at me a little confused.

"What's going on?" She asks me with nervousness in her voice.

"Well today, in my eyes has been perfect. And I'm not quite ready for it to end just yet. Plus, I promised you another movie tonight, and I would like to keep my promise. So..." I say showing her the two films. "The Notebook or Insidious Chapter 2?" I ask her winking.

She shakes her head a little and laughs gently.

"Well... If we were to watch Insidious Chapter 2 I think that would be the second chapter to me having more nightmares. But if we were to watch The Notebook I think I will be okay, just some weird dreams." She says smiling at me.

"The Notebook it is. I made you a hot cocoa and I also made you a hot water bottle to keep your toes warm as they get freezing at night. I have blankets so if we get bored we can build a fort and tell each other stories. I have food because I am a boy and I get hungry, and I gather you wouldn't mind a snack either." I say as I put the dvd on.

"This is perfect." I hear Noelani whisper to herself as her fingers glide over the blankets.

I walk over and turn off the lights. Noelani jumps a little and I turn on the fairy lights and I see her smile return. She looks at me with amazement.

"You set this up whilst I gotten ready?" She asks me.

"Yeah... I mean you were taking long enough." I laugh.

She giggles and climbs into the bed. I climb in next to her and she is sat up looking round the room because of the fairy lights. I press play and the dvd starts and captures her attention like a magnet. I look at her and her smile grows a bit more. She reaches over for her cup of cocoa and she gets whipped cream on her top lip. I laugh to myself and she wipes it off and smears it on my cheek. She giggles slightly and I look at her shocked. She puts her drink down and looks back at the tv. I wipe it off with a tissue and throw the tissue in the bin and look at the tv. I look over at Noelani and she is smiling and giggling at the movie.

I guess this movie brings out the girly side of Noelani. She blushes every time a cute boy appears on screen and she smiles when the scenes are cute. I like seeing this side to her. I have seen the shy and insecure side for so long and then some of her fun side. But the girly side seems to appear when we do something "girly". Normally watching The Notebook would be my last choice but strangely, with Noelani, it would be my first.

We sit in silence but it is a nice silence as we watch the movie. It gets to a very awkward scene and Noelani giggles a little and looks down. I look away too and peep back when it is clear. Noelani watches it again and I look at her and she looks at me. My heart beat grows faster and she smiles a little and her cheeks turn red. She looks back at the screen and I start to tickle her. She squeals and giggles and tries to grab my hands but fails miserably. She lays down to try and escape and I lean over the top of her. I carry on tickling her and she squeals and laughs. Her laughter sounds like music right now.