59. Not My Family

Songs for this chapter:
Warrior - Demi Lovato
Shouldn't Come Back - Demi Lovato

Play song when told:
Hands To Myself - Selena Gomez
~~~~~~~~~~
SMUT WARNING!
~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
I feel so nervous. I get a text from Scarlett and Jack as we get into the Uber with the same man driving us. I open my text from Jack first and he is asking how the trip is so far. I reply saying it is good but I was feeling a little sick earlier.

I open my text from Scarlett.

'Hey sweetie, Jackie told us that you have seen your family and you are going for a meal with them and back to your old home... Promise me that if you feel weird and anxious you will tell Jackie so you can go. I only want you to do this, especially with the house because it might traumatize you and it might trigger your bad dreams again. If you escape to the bathroom and you need to speak to someone call me or one the other's and we will speak to you and comfort you. But I hope you enjoy tonight and tomorrow. See you early Monday morning, love and miss you! ~Scarlett xx'

'Are you sure it's okay? I feel slightly anxious but not too bad, I think I'll be okay once we have all sat down and are chilled. I promised Jackie I will tell her when or if it gets too much for me. I feel weird to go back to the house though... I love and miss you too. ~Noelani xx'

I reply to her text and I lock my phone and put it away. The driver was telling me every turn he took so I wasn't freaking out as much. I look out the car window as I hold Connor's hand. He is looking out my window too. Michigan is really pretty, I wish I could have another day just to explore the places we don't explore tomorrow, or to go to more of the parks.

We arrive at the restaurant and we are the first people here. The other's aren't here yet. The restaurant is really cool, it's like an old fashioned diner but it has a small fairy tale affect to it. I really like it. I take a few pictures of the interior, falling in love with the style of the restaurant. The boys and Jackie are sat at our table as I walk around to take photo's. I hear a bell chime and I look by the entrance and see my family walk in. Panic fills me so I hunt for the toilets and I find them. I shut myself in a cubicle and my breathing goes bad. I get my phone and call Jack.

"Noelani?" He asks.

"It's me... They are here and I can't breath properly. I am so scared to sit with them." I say in a rush.

"It's okay to be scared Noelani. You forgot that they existed for ten years. Just take deep, steady breaths. You will be okay and if you really don't feel like you will be then tell Jackie and she will take you back to the hotel." Jacks says to me calmingly.

"Okay... I don't know what I can talk to them about. I'll just sit and answer their questions." I say more to myself than Jack.

"Okay, but Noelani, please be careful... I know they have all been saying they have been trying to make contact with you... The truth is, is that they know where you have been for ten years. They have had the address to the care home all the time and they have our number like we have theirs. Do you remember calling them with Mike and they would hang up? Noelani promise me you will be careful, I know they are your family but they have only just walked back into your life... I just want you to be safe." Jack says.

I remember me calling them, I remember being hung up on as soon as I said my name... I remember sending them letters with the care home address so they could write back, they never replied and they never called... I remember...