51. Final Goodbye

Songs for this chapter:
Need The Sun To Break - James Bay
When My Days Are Done - Green River Ordinance
Down - Jason Walker

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
I wake up before my alarm goes off, feeling anxious and worried. I walk over to the bench near my window and sit on it as I watch the early morning sky. Today is the day of Mike's funeral. And since knowing that is was today I have had bad anxiety dreams and my mind thinks of weird things, horrible things. When I feel slightly calmer because of the sky, I go downstairs to have some breakfast even though it won't settle in my stomach for more than a few hours.

I am the only person awake and I have an apple and some grapes for breakfast. I have a strawberry and vanilla tea and sit at the table and try and enjoy my breakfast. Joe and Zoe come into the kitchen and they make themselves some breakfast. They sit opposite me and we all stay silent as we eat and drink our coffee or tea. We have around two hours to get ready. It's eight in the morning now and I have already been awake for half an hour or more. I finish my breakfast and I go up to my room and write up my speech.

I have written it out already but I want to add more and plus there is a lot of anxious scribbles on the page. I write it out as neat as I can, making sure that everything I want to say is on the page. When I am done there is an hour left to get ready. I go down to the bathroom and it is empty so I guess everyone else is ready and making sure everything is set outmost like we planned

I jump into the shower and I wash my hair and my body, making sure I am clean and smelling fresh. When I am showered, I wrap a towel around me tightly and I towel dry my hair and wrap it up in a towel. I look in the mirror as I brush my teeth. I have dark rings underneath my eyes and I have loads of spots due to my anxiety. My eyes look dull because I haven't rested properly and my skin looks like shit. I just hope make up can cure my ugliness for today, or at least make me look human and not like a zombie. I wash my face with warm soapy water and I go back up to my bedroom.

I dry my body with the towel and I put on a bra and knickers. Both black so nothing stands out with the dress. I put on skin coloured tights so my burns can be hidden slightly as they are still healing. I put the dress on and it feels tight around my boobs. Have I gotten bigger? This fit fine a few days ago... Quite literally... I look in the mirror and my chest does look bigger... I huff with annoyance that my boobs hurt from being squished but I am kinda glad because now I don't look like a twelve year old. I look like an almost sixteen year old girl with actual boobs and a butt.

Even though my boobs and butt have gotten bigger over the period of a few days, I am still the height of a ten year old. But I'm glad I haven't had a growth spirt because the dress is still perfect and fits my height just right. I button up the lower part of my dress and as if they knew, Jack knocks and see's my trouble with the dress. He buttons the rest of me up, me sucking in so he doesn't notice my change in breast size when he struggles with the top half. He helped me put the dress on when I first put it on but he hasn't seen me wear it. Before it was easy buttoning up the top part because I had barely any boobs. But now I do, I don't really want him to notice by struggling with the top buttons.

He drops a letter addressed to me on my desk and he leaves rather quickly. I breath out and it really does feel tight around my chest but I can get use to it... I hope. I push the letter to one side and I take my hair out of the towel and blow dry it. Once it is dry I turn my curlers on and wait a few seconds for them to heat up. When they are heated I curl my hair quickly, making the curls loose as I spray hair spray and tug at the curls gently. I pin the two front parts of my hair back with a black bow that is lace and goes with the dress. I do my natural makeup but add red lipstick and winged eye liner.