40. Square One

Song for this chapter:
This is What It Takes - Shawn Mendes

~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler's pov
Noelani wakes up and when she see's me and Troye sat with her she turns over and cries. I get Troye to leave as he also needed to do some things. When he closes the door I move closer to Noelani and cuddle into her back. I wrap my arm around her and I feel her tiny fingers wrap around mine. Her crying becomes more audible and she turns over and looks at me, her eyes bloodshot and she's biting her bottom lip to hold back her sobs.

"Don't hold them back sweetie, that's why I'm here..." I get interrupted by a text message.

I look but it's Noelani's phone. I pass it to her and I watch her as she reads it. Her hands are shaking as she holds her phone.

"It's Connor... He wants to talk to me..." She says wiping her eyes.

"This is a good thing, you'll work things out." I say trying to make her think positive.

She nods and redoes her make up as it looks a bit messy because she's been crying and changes into proper clothing. She puts her phone in her pocket and looks at me. I hug her tight and we both go downstairs. She says he wants to meet her at starbucks. Me and Troye have to go the same direction to get to our houses so we decide to walk with her. I watch her fumble with her fingers and me and Troye get to our leaving point. We both stop and Noelani does too.

"I feel sick." She whispers.

"Everything is going to be okay." Troye says softly.

"We are both here for you." I say hugging her.

She hugs me back tightly and then Troye hugs her. We say goodbye and watch her walk down the road and into Starbucks.

"I hope everything will work out..." Me and Troye whisper.

Noelani's pov
A hundred things are running round my head. I arrive at starbucks and I see him sat at a table. I take a deep breath and walk in. He looks up and smiles faintly, that has to be good right? I smile back and walk over, rubbing my hand out of nervousness. He hugs me but I could barely feel his arms around me, this is bad... He offers me a seat and I take it. We don't say anything, just sit there in silence waiting for either one to say something. I don't know what to say... All I want to do is hug him but a huge part of me knows that can't happen right now.

"So, Noelani..."Connor starts.

I look at him and see some weird emotion in his eye... Not one I like either.

"Lately I haven't been feeling connected to you, like things aren't working out with us... Especially since my birthday. You have changed, but not in a good way either. Seeing you today with Ricky, not letting him show you something, I thought you were better than that... Ricky is my BEST friend and he would never do anything to harm me or to harm you. You were making a scene out of nothing... Long story short, I don't want to be in a relationship with you. What ever we had, it was just... An experiment... I guess that experiment failed badly with a big explosion and things getting broken. I never really loved you. I was just messing around because I knew I had you wrapped around my little finger. I am 'breaking up' with you... Bye Noelani." He says firmly, no emotion in his voice or in his eyes.

He gets up and leaves before I can say anything. I stare after him, tears burning my eyes. I feel like the biggest blade has been lodged into my heart, it actually hurts. Everyone is staring at me... I have turned freezing cold, shaking. So this entire... This whole thing was a joke to him?

I get up, my legs feeling like jelly underneath me, my body feeling like an anchor and the sheet of darkness blanketing itself around me. I walk out of the coffee shop and down the road. I see him walking with Ricky and Ricky grinning at me and Connor is smiling but not at me, at Ricky. He is not affected by this at all... He doesn't give a shit... I walk down the road and find myself stood outside Troye's house. I knock gently, my knuckles and body turning numb. Laurelle answers the door with confusion on her face.