13. Smelling Like YogHURT

Noelani's Pov
Mike walks me to what I kind of hope will be my first full day of school, but I can't help but feel frightened. He is going in so he can talk to the head teacher... I can't see this going at all well. I can't see any part of today going well apart from dinner and bed time.

"Be a good girl okay? Have a nice first proper day at school. Me or Toby will pick you up afterwards." Mike says hugging me.

"Okay. Bye Mike." I say as I nervously walk over to my class.

I walk in and not many people are there so I sit at my desk right in front of the class.

"You are not sitting there. You are sitting next to my desk. I don't want you cheating in any of my lessons." Ms Carter growls at me.

When is she going to get it into her thick skull that I'm not a cheater! I keep my mouth shut and carry my stuff over to my new non- cheating desk. I hope this desk works, because the other one was obviously broken. I sit on the seat and I can hear everyone whispering about me. I can hear the girls giggling and their eyes burning into the back of my head.

'Just make it through the day. Keep your head down, do the work, ignore the others.' I say in my head.

"Today we will be writing short stories. It's got to be based on a dream that you have had recently. I want at least two side of an A4 page. You have one hour." Ms Carter says handing out the lined paper.

Well if I get told I'm cheating on writing a story about my own dream, then this school is messed up. I know the dream I'm going to write about straight away. Last night I dreamt that my parents were still here. We went on an adventure and we went to the seaside. It was a nice day and we done so many fun activities. It's the best dream I have had in a while but the ending turned into a nightmare.

Ms Carter gives me my piece of paper along with a book, pen, pencil, ruler and sharpener. Well I say she gave it to me, she more slammed it onto my next scaring me. I gulp slightly when she bends down by my desk.

"If I catch you looking at other people's writing, you will be out of this classroom. Do you understand?" She spits at me.

She literally spat on me. I have her spit on my hand. I wipe it on my skirt, trying not to gag. I nod my head quickly and she soon leaves. She sits at her desk and I feel her eyes on me. I write my name, date and title for my story. I think of the beginning of my dream. Holding my sisters hand and skipping along the pavement. I smile a little and write it down but in a lot more detail.

I can remember most of my dreams. But I have been having nightmares more than ever since I left the hospital. They always have the same beginning but the ending is always different. It gets worse and worse each night.

Writing the first part of my dream was a little over half a side of paper. My handwriting is small as well, not huge to fill up a majority of the page with one sentence. The second part of my dream was arriving at the beach. Me and my family ran into the sea. We splashed each other with freezing cold water. It was only us, just us and the waves. I write that up but in better detail and I add more to it so it's more exciting.

The third part was going to get ice cream. I got mint, my favourite, and I got it all over my face. It was melting and slowly making it's way down my hand. It was horrible and sticky but the flavour was delicious. The last part of the story... The bit where it then turns into a nightmare... We went into the sea and I got washed away. I'm going to have to make up something but keeping it realistic. Don't want to be accused of cheating!

We went sunbathing and we all came home with gorgeously tanned skin. We had a barbeque and stuffed ourselves with burgers and hot dogs. I got ketchup down my shirt and pranked my mummy saying it was blood. I done that on our last barbecue and mummy was so worried she checked everywhere for a cut.