36. Connor's Birthday Party

Songs for this chapter:
BEAT - Ricky Dillon
Titanium - David Guetta feat Sia
Habits (Stay High) - Lia Marie Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
Troye knocks on the front door and the door opens to Cheryl. The music is really loud and the living room itself looks crowded... They both say hi and she let's them inside. I walk up and she gasps when she see's me.

"Noelani, you look stunning... Oh my." She says looking at me.

"Thank you... I made the cake. I hope it's okay." I say as she takes it off my hands.

She sneaks me inside and hides me as we go into the kitchen. She takes off the lid and I become nervous as she looks at it.

"Noelani this is amazing... Oh my... This is perfect!" She squeals.

"Is it really?" I ask her nervously.

"Yes... I love it... Thank you." She says hugging me.

I hug her back and she dismisses me to go and join the others. To be honest I would rather stay in the kitchen talking to her than facing lots of people... I walk into the living room to see that the couch and furniture has be pushed against the walls and the room is darkened and disco lights with loud music. I look round and spot him, talking to Troyler. I smile as I have found him and walk up behind him. I see Troye smile at me and I lean up and wrap my arms around Connor's waist. I kiss his cheek multiple times as I wish him a happy birthday. He laughs happily and turns round. His eyes widen and his jaw drops. I smile shyly and tears glisten in his eyes.

"Noelani... You look... Like... Oh my... You look incredible." He says, struggling for words.

"Thank you... You look very handsome. Grey shirt and dark grey tie... Goes with my dress." I say smiling slightly as I notice our unplanned match.

"You look fucking incredible... Holy shit." He says laughing awkwardly.

He lifts me into a hug and I giggle and hug him back. He sets me on my feet and presses his lips to mine. I kiss him back and my arms wrap around his shoulders. He pulls away a little and kisses me again a few seconds later. I smile against his lips as I kiss him back.

"Happy birthday." I whisper against his lips.

"It's more than a happy birthday now that you are here." He says, looking into my eyes.

My cheeks turn red and I hug him tight. He hugs me back and I smile to myself. He likes how I look. I giggle as he kisses my cheek and I pull away.

"Let's get the party started." He says pulling me over to a table.

I follow him and he passes me a drink.

"What is it?" I ask him unsure of the liquid.

"Whiskey and coke, just take this one and then you don't have to touch any more alcohol." He says biting his lip.

I've never touched alcohol before... Hopefully it's more coke than whisky. I nod and we both take the shot. It burns my throat and I cough a little as does Connor. He pulls me over to the dance floor and his hands rest on my waist and he dances as I stand there not knowing how to dance. I giggle as he does weird dance moves and he spins me round. I squeal a little and he holds my hands and pulls and pushes my hands towards and away from him. It's like 1980's dancing. I giggle as we probably look ridiculous. He laughs too and pulls me into his chest and we both shuffle. I look at the guests and see some people from school, family members and what must be Connor's old friends.