10. I Don't Like Being Locked In

Noelani's pov

Toby stops tickling me and I lay there still laughing. He laughs too and Scarlett comes in and when she see's me laughing she laughs too. I hear a lot of noise downstairs and I run downstairs with Toby and Scarlett chasing after me. I see Zoe and Naomi and I squeal with excitement.

"Noelani!" They both say opening their arms.

I giggle and hug them tight. They hug me back and Zoe kisses the top of my head.

"I missed you!" I say pulling away.

"Awh, we missed you too!" Naomi says holding my hand.

"Can we play now?" I ask them, rocking on my heels.

"Yeah of course! We are going to get a snack first as we are hungry." Zoe says walking to the kitchen.

"Can I have one too? I haven't eaten for days." I say thinking about it.

"Of course. I'll make you a sandwich if you want me to." She says waiting for me to catch up.

"Yes please!" I say happily.

We make it to the kitchen and it felt like an adventure. I climb up onto a chair that is tucked under the table and I sit and wait patiently for my sandwich to be made by Zoe. Naomi sits opposite me with a piece of fruit and she rubs my arm as I draw patterns into the table with my finger.

"What would you like in your sandwich?" Zoe calls.

"Can I have strawberry jam?" I ask.

"Of course you can." She says opening up a cupboard.

"What would you like to play after we have our snacks?" Naomi asks me.

"Princesses!" I say excitedly.

"That sounds like a lot of fun. Can I play too?" One of the twins ask.

"Of course you can Finn." Naomi says smiling.

I giggle a little and he sits next to me. He looks at me and I smile. He smiles back and his twin joins us and so does Zoe's brother and his friend.

"Yo Finn, do you wanna play footie after we have a snack?" His brother, Jack asks him.

I look at Finn desperately, I want him to be a prince or a knight in our game. He looks at me and back up to the boys that are huddling around the table.

"Sorry. I said I would play princes and princesses with this little one." He says patting my head.

"Can we play too? Can I be Noelani's prince?" Jack asks.

"You can all play!" I say excitedly.

Zoe sits my sandwich opposite me and all my attention goes towards it. She has cut it up into four little squares and I eat them all carefully. My tummy rumbles a little and the others laugh. I finish my sandwiches and I need to go to the toilet.

I hop off my seat and run to the office. I open the door and see Scarlett inside. She looks at me as I jump from foot to foot, trying to hold myself.

"Where's the bathroom?!" I ask her desperately.

"Upstairs and it's next to the door that goes up to your bedroom." She says quickly.

"Thank you!" I shout as I climb up the stairs.

I run to my bedroom stairs and open the door next to it. I see the toilet and I slam the door shut and lock it. I go to the toilet and when I have finished I wash my hands, only just being the right height to turn on the tap and clean my hands. I dry them with a towel that is hanging up and walk to the door. I undo the lock and try to open it but it won't open. I pull and push and it isn't budging. I start to panic and bang on the door.