Chapter 24

Mahi's POV
Don't worry about a thing now
Cause I'll be Right by Your Side
I'll be right by your side
Don't worry about a thing now
Cause I'll be holding you tight
I'll be holding your tight

chitra, karan and anu yelled together, oops sorry singed together. Abhay was reading a book while jay was engrossed in his phone. Talking about phones, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID. It was mum. I picked up the call and place the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Hi mum!" I greeted her with a wide grin on my face, even though she can't see it.

"Looks you have forgotten us, after you all went there!" Mum complained in a playful voice. I chuckled.

"Of course not mom! How can we forget you? " I replied.

"Haha, beta I am just joking, by the way I called you to ask something?" Mum said.

"What?"

"Gurpreet, is getting married-" I cut her off in mid sentence.

"Gurpreet is getting married?!?! Oh my god! How?! When?!?" I bombarded with questions. Hearing my shout, all of them, sat near me to ask what happened.

"Yes, and dadi wants us as soon as possible there, but we can't go there until two days before the wedding, so she asked you all to go there."

"Totally mom! We will leave tomorrow!" I exclaimed.

"Good"

"By the way, can we bring two more of our friends?"

"Sure! The more the merrier!" Mom exclaimed and I smiled.

"Okay then! Bye!"

"Bye!" I disconnected the call.

"So....." karan trailed off.

"Gurpreet is getting married!!!" I exclaimed.

"Woah! Who has agreed to marry that troublemaker?" Anu asked and I scowled.

"She' lesser than you!" I said. Anu made a sour face.

"Sometimes I wonder, are you even my sister?"

"That's makes the two of us then!" I shot back and Anu quieted down. At last!

"So we need to go to Ambala tomorrow!" I said.

"Yaay!!" They all chorused except Anu and Abhay.

"What happened to you two?" Chitra asked them.

"Trek"

"Work" both of them answered.

"Ok to solve this how about we vote?" I asked.

"Yeah" they chorused.

"Whoever is in favor of Ambala, raise you hand" I said. Me, Chitra, Jay and karan raised our hand.

"See!" I pointed out.

"But you promised we will go on a trek!" Anu whined and left the room.

"I'll go" jay said while getting up as we made a face at him.

"The only thing that can divert her mind from this, trek, is by insulting and making fun of me. So I'll be the martyr." He said with an expressionless face and a flat voice. We all grinned showing out teeths and gave thumbs up. He let out a sigh and went to the same direction anu went.

Then we turned to face abhay.

"I don't I should avoid work anymore and moreover I took a week off" abhay explained and chitra smacked her head and groaned.

"So what? All your like you've been working your ass, take a vacation dude plus it your company" chitra said while putting an emphasize on 'your'. But still abhay wasn't sure.

"Offo! Just take two more weeks off! You don't wanna miss a punjabi wedding!" Chitra partially pleaded and partially warned. We all stared at his face until he broke out a smile. Chitra sqealed and hugged him. Abhay too was shocked at first but then he too wrapped his arms around chitra's lean frame. Me and karan shared a look before faking cough.

"I wonder what anu is doing now?" Karan said while stroking him imaginal beard.

"I pity your brother." Chitra said to Abhay.
Anu's POV_

I stood on the balcony, leaning on the rail as the breeze blew my looks away from my face.

"So.." an annoying voice came from behind. I knew who it was so I decided not to turn.

"Why don't you wanna go the wedding?" He asked, occupying the place beside me. I couldn't tell him the real reason.

"Because I wanna go to trek!" I said, still not looking at him.

"Have you ever been to a trek before?" He asked and I shook my head.

"That's why!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"You know I've been to treks and it definitely isn't what people shows in movies or tv serials!" He said.

"You are saying all this in purpose" I accused him.

"I'm not! Seriously! You have to make your food!"

"I know cooking."

"You can't wash your hair!"

"I hate washing my hair"

"You-cheeeeee!!" I laughed at his expression.

"Seriously?" I nodded my head.

"But please! Come na!" He said.

"Ok I'll come!" He smiled widely.

"If" I added quickly. His smiled vanished away.

"What?" He asked.

"If you apologise to me. I'll come" I smirked as he scowled at me.

"No away!"

"Ok then I am not coming!" I shrugged.

"Ahhhh" he groaned. I smiled victoriously.

"Fine!" He said and i turned to face him again.

"Yes?" I smiled innocently.

"I am sorry Anushka Malhotra" he said and I smiled broadly.

"I forgive you Jayvardhan Raichand" I said.

"So now you'll come?" He asked. I nodded. Suddenly the remaining four idiot bursted Into the balcony, while acting like madmen, they are.

"You guys were eavesdropping?" I asked.

"It's not you guys were dirty talking or worse making out." Karan said.

"Though I wished, you did!"Mahi said and I glared at her.

"So when we leave for Ambala?" Chitra asked.

"Dadi said, as soon as possible. How bout we leave tonight?" Mahi said.

"Yeah!"they chorused.