Chapter 42

Third Person's POV_

"Gulati relax!"  Anu said, try to calm Karan down who was prancing around the room with a worried face.

"I can't! What if she refuses?" Karan exclaimed in distressed tone making Anu roll her eyes.

"Nahi karegi refuse! Ab toh band hoja! (She won't refuse! Now please stop!)" Anu exclaimed in a frustated tone.

Karan stopped for a second, glared at Anu and then again started his prancing.

"Anu is right, karan. Mahi won't refuse!"  Abhay tried to assure karan, but no avail.

"What's the gurantee? She already refused twice!" Karan exclaimed while showing two fingers.

"Then why are you trying your luck for the third time?" Jay opened his mouth only to earn a glare from karan.

"Jay!" Abhay scolded his little brother.

"By the way, where is Chitra?" Karan asked.

"She is with Mahi, most probably sleeping cause it's 3 freaking am!" Anu said while glaring at karan.

"Guys you are my friends! And most importantly my to be relatives! Anu tu mera saali! Abhay tu mera jija and jay tu mera jija ka bhai! ( Anu you are my sister-in-law! Abhay you are my Brother-in-law and Jay you my brother-in-law's brother!).
Its your duty to help me!" Karan as he plopped next to Anu.

"Anu mere liye chai la!(Anu bring tea for me!)" Karan ordered as he grinned shamelessly.

"Why don't you make it? And listen! Make some for us too!" Anu shot back at Karan.

"Please Anu! You are my sweet little saali na?" Karan tried to pinch Anu's cheek but instead earned himself a slap on his hand.

Anu groaned and got up.

"Move!" Anu exclaimed while pushing karan's leg to a side.

"Jay go help Anu!" Abhay ordered Jay.

Jay nodded and got up.

Everyone in the room was shocked to see that, for the first time jay didn't argue about something which involved Anu.

Anu walked out of the room, followed by Jay.

Anu directly went to the kitchen without turning back once. Jay too silently followed.

"So how do I help?" Jay asked.

"I don't need your help. You can go back." Anu told jay as she boiled the water for tea.

The silence between them was so awkward.

"Listen chipkali what's up?" Jay directly asked.

"Nothing." Anu answered in a monotoneous tone.

"Ghanta! Something is between us!" Jay exclaimed, making Anu turn back, to face him with a weird expression on her face.

"Shit!" Jay cursed, which meant he realized his mistake.

"Not that 'something'! Nothing romantic! Something like.." Jay was struggling to find the suitable word.

"Tension! There is some sort of tension between us!" Jay explained.

"There is no tension between us." Anu answered as she added tea leaves into the boiled water.

"Oh really? Then haven't you talked to since that incident in the party?" Jay questioned Anu.

But she didn't answer.

Jay let out a deep sigh.

"Sorry.." jay trailed off.

"Why?" Anu asked.