Chapter 35

Chitra's POV_

"Okay who wanna play football?" I asked. Jay, Karan, Abhi raised their hands.

"Girls seriously?" I asked to Mahi, Anu, Preet and Geet, while the boys snickered at us.

"You know how brilliantly I play football, right Chitti?" Mahi's voice was oozing out with sarcasm.

"You suck at football. " I stated with a blank face at Mahi.

"Correct!" She said and went back to applying her nail polish.

"Preet geet?" I asked.

"Pedicure!" Both of them showed their toe nail as I rolled my eyes.

"Anushka Malhotra don't you dare give me any excuse about not to play, because you were in your college's girls football team!" I warned her.

"I dont wanna play." She simply stated and got up from her half-lying half-sitting position.

"But why?" I whined.

"Sorry di!" Anu patted my shoulder sympathetically as she passed by me to go to the kitchen.

"Oye Anu!" Mahi called out.

"What?" Anu answered.

"Why are you wearing gloves?" Mahi asked and I looked down at her hands, she was actually wearing gloves. Anu froze at the mention of gloves, she looked at her hanfs and back at us. She looked damn pale.

"Just like that!" Anu says and Mahi raises her eyebrows at Anu.

"Just like that! Uff Di let it go na!" Anu said and went off to her room.

"What the hell was that?" I asked Mahi who just shrugged.

"I knew it!" Jay exclaims as if he unlocked the tresure box containing billions of dollar.

"What?" Abhay asked Jay.

"That she was mental." Jay said to Abhay in a polite tone. Abhay rolled his eyes and smacked at the back of Jay's head.

"Ow! Why did you hit me?" Jay whinned at his brother.

"Why are you always after Anu?She is such a sweet girl." Abhay asked Jay, whose eyes were as wide as an egg after hearing abhay's question.

"I am after her? And when did she started becoming sweet, last time I checked she was as bitter as a bitter gourd!" Jay exclaims while putting an impression on 'I'.

"Wrong! The bitter gourd position only belongs to You given by Anu!" I winked at Jay as he blushed slightly. Awh he blushed. 

Kuch kuch toh zaroor ho raha hain in dono ke beeech! ( something is definitely is cooking between them!)

Anushka's POV_

I took off my gloves and tossed it on my head. My hand was sweating profusely, yet I had wear that stupid gloves because of that idiotic Jay's name.

Was I high? Or the mehendi wali high when she wrote his name on my hand. But then again the mehendi wali doesn't even know that ass.  But the question stills remains unsolved.

HOW THE FUCK DID I END UP WITH JAY'S NAME IN MY HAND?

Okay anu breathe.

1 2 3 trnnnggh

The sound came from my phone. I fetched it from the dessing table and glanced at the screen. It was Veer. Why was he calling me?

'Well if you would answer it, then you'll know' my brain told me. I swiped the green recieve thing on my phone screen and put it on my ear.

"Hey!" Veer greeted me. I smiled a little before greeting him back.

"Hey Veer!" I chirped.

"Hi Anu..Umm I wanted talk to you about last night." He trailed off.

Dhak dhak dhak dhak

Can you hear that? Well I think the whole Ambala can hear it.

"Yeah.." I said.

"I mean now you know, that I like you. So I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?" He asked in a nervous voice.

"Yeah sure!" I managed not squeal and say it in a polite tone.

"Cool then! I'll pick you up at 8?" He asked.

"8 sounds good!" I said.

"Okay then, bye!" He said.

"Bye!" With that I disconnected the call. The first thing I did, after that was jumping up and down for about 2 minutes.

"I have a date with veer ahluwalia!! Wow!" I told myself. But then my gaze fell on my left hand, which had Jay's name on it. But the good thing is It's quite tiny, so if you dont focus on it, its possible you wont even notice it.

***

I got dresses in a sky blue and white patiala suit. The best thing about this suit is that it's back only had three string threads, which I had tied with great difficulty. I had side braided my haid, with my bang falling on the left side of my face. I had a black little stop in the middle of my two eyebrows.

All in All, I looked quite nice. I took my purse and my mobile and walked out of my room.

"Where are you going?" Mahi asked as I took a sit next to her.

"On a date with veer." I said. Mahi stopped tapping on her phone.
"Really?" She asked looking surprised. I nodded.

"I am so happy for you!" She said and the door bell rang simultaneosly.

"Bye!" I said to di and went open the door, but on the way I bumped into jay. He looked at me and didnt look away immediatly.

"You're staring" I stated. He looked away and smiled.

"Congratulations yaar, you are actually looking a girl!" He said and patted my shoulder. I looked at him in disbelief.

"By the way, where are you off to?" He asked as he took a bite of his banana.

"A date with Veer!" I said. He stopped eating his banana anf gave me a sarahua (rotten) look.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said and left me there alone. I shrugged all this thoughts away and opened the door to find my self stand face to face with veer.