Chapter 45

Third Person's POV_

"What?" Anu asked while gulping down the lump the formed in her throat. They were some sudden knots inside her stomache.

Veer smiled again and repeated his lines.

"Anu, will you be my girlfriend?"

On the other hand, Jay was helping the decorater guys by ripping off the flower decoration off the walls, he was standing next to.

Jay wanted shout at Veer and Anu, but refrained himself from doing so and focused on the scene infront of him and tried to know what they were doing by their action.

"So will you?" Veer trailed off.

"I-uh-ah-ui-" Anu cleared her voice and let out a deep breathe. And exhaled slowly.

'Okay, this is what you wanted right? Veer! And now he is infront of you, asking you to be his girlfriend. So say yes.' Said Anu's subconsious.

A smiled came on her lips, making Veer hopeful.

"I can't." Anu gave her answer, making Veer's smile upside down.

"Why?" Asked Veer.

"I really liked you when were children, but we have grown up now. I am over my crush. Yes, when I saw you after so many years, I did get attracted to you. I mean you are so hot! Who wouldn't? But that too faded soon. I hope you understand and we can remain just friends! I am sorry if I ever leaded you on." Anu finished her explanation and waited patiently for Veer's reaction.

"I understand and yup! Friends for life!" Veer replied while smiling broad.

Anu broke out in a grin and engulfed Veer in a hug.

Jay couldn't hold his hold his rage in anymore and came out of his hiding place while clapping as if he was some daily saop's 'tuta hua ashiq' who just caught his 'premika' with some other 'launda.'

"Arreh wah after all that fights with me! You become his laila!" Jay yelled as he pointed his index finger towards Veer, leaving both of them confused.

"What do you mean?" Anu asked Jay, who was acting like an 'overly emotional recently broken ashiq who just gatecrashed his ex's wedding'.

"I mean?!? You are mean!" Yes, he even forgot grammar.

"Wah wah! Dekh liya teri leela, veer ki laila!" Jay yelled.

"Are you drunk? Pee rakkhi hai kya tune?" Anu asked Jay.

"He seems quite serious to me." Veer whispered to Anu.

"Satyanash ho tera! You veer ki laila!" Jay yelled while doing that fist breaking thing indian women does.

"I will give you such a 'laat' on your ass, that you will get back to your senses!" Anu went to hit jay, but he backed away in defense.

"Jay go to your room, you need rest." Veer tried to calm Jay down.

"Ha ha tum toh abhi mujhe room janeko hi bologe, kyun ki abhi toh rasleela shuru hoga!" Jay said.

"Jay run before I do a tiger shroff on your face." Anu said through clenched teeths. Before you know Jay was no where near, because he knew that Anu never gives facade warning.

"He thinks we are dating." Veer said while chuckling.

"Gaadha!" Anu muttered under breathe while thinking about Jay.

"Maybe we should continue this sham, because this reactions were hilarious!" Veer suggested.

Anu glared at Veer.

"I can do that tiger shroff on your face too." Anu stated with a blank face which scared the crap out of Veer.

-----

"Anu give this to your papa." Anu's mom said while giving her a glass of lassi.

Anu took it and went to give to her father.

"Here!" Anu said monotoneously while handing her father the extra large glass of lassi. She was still pissed off from last night.

"What happened nush?" Her father asked.

"Nothing." She replied sorely and was on her way to the kitchen, when she clashed with Jay.

"Dhokebaaz Veer ki laila!" Jay muttered under his breathe and left quickly.

"Teri ma..." before Anu could finish her sentence, Abhay popped out of nowhere and with his ipad.

"Meri ma!" Abhay grinned while showing the her the ipad. Abhay was skyping with his mum.

"Namaste Aunty!" Anu quickly said and left from there.

"Mom I want you to meet someone." Abhay said to his mum.

"Who?" Mrs. Raichand asked.

"Wait!" Abhay told his mum and started looking for Chitra.

He found her, in her room stuggling with her jeans.

"Sorry!" "Don't come in now!" Both of them yelled together.

"What happened?" Abhay's mum asked him.

"Nothing." He replied.

"I shouldn't have devoured all those dishes!" Abhay heard chitra say.

"Come in!" Chitra called out as she relaxed herself.

Abhat entered and stood next chitra.

"Mum meet chitra, my girlfriend." Abhay introduced chitra to her.

Chitra snapped head her towards at Abhay and back at Mrs.Raichand for her reaction.

"Awh I knew this would happen!" Mrs. Raichand cooed. Chitra just stood there, awkwardly smiling.

After a little time, Mrs.Raichand had to go. Chitra turned to Abhay.

"Abhay I actually gave you warning before you met my parents!" Chitra whined.

"What yaar? My mum is sweet! Your dad is not." Abhay confessed making chitra glare at him.

"You know it too! He was threatening me!" Chitra let out a sigh.

"My dad is sweet!" Chitra exclaimed.

"Just not to you." She added quietly and Abhay nodded.

"You are a nice man, so is he. Just give it time. Nice men get along." Chitra said softly and interwined their fingers.