Chapter 41

Third Person's POV_

The banging on the door woke chitra up. Someone was banging on the door of Chitra's room very loudly, which creeped Chitra a little bit.

Chitra took a glance at the wall clock,it was 4 am in the morning.

Meanwhile the banging on the door hadn't quieted down. Thinking it must be geet or preet waking her up for a the jogging.

Chitra tried to ignore the banging and  sleep again, thinking that after sometime, they'll leave on their own.

But the banging kept increasing by time instead of decreasing, hampering chitra's sleep.

"Fuck it!" chitra cursed as she got off her bed. She wore her slippers and went to open to the door.

Chitra and Karan were face to face as soon as chitra opened the door.

"What the fuck are you doing here at this hour of the night?" Chitra questioned as a yawn escaped her mouth.

"Come with me." Karan whispered to chitra with an extremely bizzare grin plastered on his face.

"Why?" Chitra questioned back at her brother.

"Please yaar!" Karan hissed. Chitra, while rolling her eyes followed behind Karan.

Soon, Chitra found herself in a full of people aka Anu, Abhay, Geet, Preet, Jay.

But there was no sign of Mahi.

"Why are all of you here? And why is Mahi not here?" Chitra questions.

"That! I will answer you later, but now you may take a seat on the floor please."

While rolling her eyes she sat next to Anu who was sleeping in a quiet corner.

"Anu." Chitra called, trying to wake her up.

"Anu get up!" Chitra tried again but no avail.

"Anushka Malhotra get up!" Chitra yelled in Anu's head. She jerked and hit her head on the wall very hard.

"Oww!" Anu winced as Chitra bit her tongue. Everyone else in the room was startle by the yell.

"Quiet you two!" Karan hissed at Anu and Chitra.

"Okay guys! The real reason why I have gathered you guys here is that I am going to propose mahi!" Karan announced in a very excited voice.

"And get rejected again!" Anu announced before anyone could react.

"My dear little saali. This time its going to be so grand that it will compell Mahi to say yes." Karan said.

"But again why are we here? At 4 am?"chitra asked her brother.

"To discuss the plan! I'll be needing all of your help!" Karan said to them.

"My ullu ko patthos  this needs to be perfect! I want to get married!" Karan whined.

"And that too, to your sister!! I want be your jija! I want you steal my shoes and force the money out of me!" Karan said in anu's face, quite literally.

'Bechara satiya gaya hai!" Thought Anu.

"Okay! What do you want us to do?" Geet asked karan.

"Good question!"

"Geet and preet I want you take care of mahi, meaning that she shouldn't know about this plan!"

"Jay and Chitra! You will get me wedding sherwani and all the dulha things!"

"And lastly, Anu and Abhay you will arrange the wedding band for me!"

"Wait a second! Are you planning to propose or get married?" Jay asked Karan in confusion.

"Another good question!  Uhhhmm! If she wants to take it fast, then why not!" Karan answered.

Jay nodded but it was clear, he didnt understand a single word Karan uttered.

"Now you all can go back to your bed and sleep! And do not forget you duties!" Karan announced as Everyone left  from that room to their respective rooms.

****

Chitra's POV_

"So Jay what's up with your cheek?" I asked while pointing at his cheek which was badly swollen.

We were currently driving to a very famous shop where we can rent the sherwani and all the dulha things for my brother.

"This happened because of chipkali!" Jay blamed Anu.

"Wait! Anu punched you?!"  I exclaimed. Jay looked at me with wide eyes while I did the same.

"What no!she didn't punch! But I got punched because of her."

"By whom? Veer?" I asked.

"Now why would veer punch me? I got punched by Geet's boyfriend." He spoke.

"Jay why would raftaar punch you?" I asked.

This guy is seriously confusing me!

"Because he thought that I was flirting with geet."

"Okay understood! Then how's it Anu's fault?" I asked.

"She told Raftaar that I was flirting with Geet while in reality she was the one who told me to hit on Geet." He said.

"Why did she tell you to hit on geet?" I asked.

"Cause I kinda told her that I like Geet." He stated.

"So you like geet?" I asked in conclusion.

"No!" He protested immediatly.

"Dammit jay! My brain hurts!"

*****
Abhay's POV_

"Abhay!" Anu called.

"Yeah?" I asked while looking at her.

"Wanna have kulfi?" She asked as I nodded.

One cannot ever say no to kulfi.

I parked the car on the side and went to the ice cream parlour.

"So Anu?" She looked back at me.

"Hmm?" She hummed as I took a bite of my kulfi.

It tasted like heaven.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked. She nodded as she took a bite of her kulfi.

"Yeah sure!" She answered spontaneously.

"What's with you?" I asked. She looked back at me with a questionable look on her face.

"Matlab?" She asked.

"I mean, why are you so quiet?" I asked as she shrugged.

"Don't know! Just wasn't feeling good I guess!" She answered.

I nodded as silence fell upon us.

"Can I ask you another question?" I asked again. She nodded in agreement.

"Do you like my brother?" I asked bluntly. She looked taken aback.

"Me? Jay! Pfftt no!" She protested immediatly.

"Okay."

"Abhay?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I be honest with you if you promise you will tell nobody about this conversation." She asked.

"Promise!" I shot back instantly.

Anu took a deep breathe before starting.

"I used to dislike your brother to the core but now I feel different around him..gah!!I dont know!" She groaned as she took another bite of her kulfi.

"So you are confused?" I asked.

"Very!" She said.

Okay guys I am very sorry for such a late update!! Maafi de de