Chapter 40

Chitra's POV_

The wedding was only two or three days away, and there was a party at Dileer, Preet's fiance's house. It might aound weird because there is a strict rule that before the wedding the bride and groom can't meet each other and here, they are hosting a full party.

Nevertheless, I got dressed dressed up in a royal blue saree. After I was done, I went to Mahi's room.

As soon as I entered there, I saw Mahi and Karan eat each other's mouths. I quickly covered my eyes with my hand.

Do you know how weird it is to see you brother sucking your best friend's mouth? Yeah its horrible!

"Stop snogging you two!" I yelled. I removed my hand from my face to see them apart.

Thank god!

Mahi's cheek were crimson red due to blushing and my brother was also red but with anger.

"Oye lamp post, there's thing called knock ya know!" karan snarled while throwing daggers at me.

"And there is thing called lock!" I shot back. And there started our fight we were about to pull each other's hair if mahi didn't came between us.

"Okay break it you two!" Mahi said to both of us.

She turned to Karan.

"You go get ready!" She ordered Karan. Karan pouted at mahi but she kept her stern look and walked away not before shooting a death look at me.

"And you!" Mahi turned to me.

"Check if Anu is ready or not!" She ordered at me.

"Yess boss!" I saluted her and marched away to Anu's room.

I went to Anu's room to see her wearing her orange color saree.

"Need any help?" I asked while plopping on her bed.

"Yup! Pin the anchal for me!" She said while holding uo the safety pin infront of me.

"Okay!" I took the pin from and pinned her anchal. She then quickly wore her jewellery and viola! She was ready.

"My baby is finally grown up!" I said while pulling her in a massive bear hug.

"Di! Why are you getting so emotional?" She asked in a muffled voice.

"Oye group hug!" I heard Mahi yell and soon she joined.

"Mere baccho!" Karan came out of nowhere and joined it.

"And us?" We heard the Raichand brothers say at the same time.

"Come on in!" Mahi said and they joined in too.

"Guys seriously I am suffocating here!" We heard Anu say in her muffled voice.

We let go off the hug and Anu was literally gasping for air.

"All ready?" I asked and all of them chorused a yes.

We waited in the living room for uncle aunty, beeji dadaji and preet and geet.

****
Anushka's POV_

As I entered the party my eyes were searching only one person. And that was veer.

"Looking for someone?" Jay asked from my side.

"No one." I answered.

"There he is!" Jay said while pointing at Veer who was talking with a group of people.

I looked at him and after a second, he looked at my way and we for a moment made eye to eye contact before I looked away.

Veer then said something to the group and made his way to us.

He looked at me and then at Jay.

"Um hey veer! Do you think you could set me up with geet? I mean she is so hot and I think I developed a crush on her!" Jay blurted out to Veer.

Who stared back at Jay, wide eyed.

"That means you don't like Anu?" He asked jay.

And that idiot bursted out laughing.

"Me like Chipkali? Are you out of your mind?" He asked while laughing.

Is he insulting me or what?

"We both hate each other's gut!" Jay added with a stupid grin on his face.

"There's the girl of my dreams! Bye veer bye chipkali!" He bid us bye and went to Geet.

After Jay left, Veer turned to me.

"So you don't you have feelings for Jay?" Veer asked me.

"Never! He likes Geet and I like..." I trailed off,making Veer smile.

"You are looking good in the saree!" He compliments genuinly.

"You don't look bad yourself!" I reply.

****
"Excuse me Veer!" I said as I excused myself from veer and went to jay who was talking to Abhay.

"Oye jhallah apna bhai ka pallu chod and go approach geet!" I said to Jay.

"Geet?" Abhay asked.

"You go to your Chitra." I told him.

"Gladly!" He said and went to find Chitra di.

"Now?" He asked as I rolled my eyes.

"No! At her wedding. Yes idiot now!" I said.

"Okay then! Wish me luck!" He said went ot find Geet.

"Good luck!" I said while holding up my thumb.

Beta tu to gaya.

Meanwhile I went to Raftaar, Dileer jijaji's brother and Geet's boyfriend.

"Hello Raftaar ji!" I greeted him.

"Hello Anu ji!" He replied enthusiastically.

"Accha where is geet?" I asked him.

"No idea ji." He said. I nodded and pretended to look around and found Geet talking to Jay.

"Oh there she is!" I pointed at Geet and Jay.

"Who is that guy?" He asked in serious voice. I shrugged.

"Haww! Is he flirting with your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Is he?" With that he marched away to their direction.

Raftaar grabbed jay by his vest and dragged him away.

Geet came running to me.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Just wait and watch!" I smirked at her.

After a few minutes Jay came back with a badly swollen cheek. I bursted out laughing.

He noticed it and yelled.

"Chipkali! I am gonna kill you!" I took my cue and started running.

As you all knew that it was damn difficult to run in saree so Jay caught me.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Because you insulted me!"

"When did I do that?" He asked.

" 'me like chipkali? Are you out of your mind?' " I imitated him.

"Yeah so?" He asked and I stared at him in disbelief.

"Nothing!" I said and wiggled out of his grasp.

"Anu!" He called me from behind but I ignored him.