Chapter 47

Mumbai

Chitra's POV_

I knocked on the door of Abhay's cabin. I clutched onto the file in my hand and waited for Abhay's voice.

"Come in!" He yelled from the other side of the door. I pushed the door open and walked inside.

"What happened? Why are you sulking?" Abhay asked, in a corcerned voice. I shook my head.

"Nothing yaar! Just a little accident..." I trailed off, as I handed him the file.

"What accident?" He asked.

"Umm while parking, I hit the car behind me and broke it's head light." I answered in a  little voice.

"Headlight?" He exclaimed making my frown deeper, but he composed himself soon. I nodded.

"To err is human, chitra. Its okay." He added with a smile. I shook my head.

"No yaar! What if that guy sues me?" I exclaimed.

"Relax! Its just a car!" He told me and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What if it was your car?" I asked as I crossed my arms against my chest.

"It was just an accident no? So I would have forgiven you." He replied.

"It was your car!" I blurted out quickly. His pupils dilated as he was about open his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"Abhay you just said, to err is human! Now you can't rebuke me or anything. I am sorry! Ok fine! shout at me. But don't you dare sue me!" I kept on babbling until Abhay's facial expression from shocked to amused.

"Its okay!" He said making me feel light. I let out a sigh and looked at him with a smile on my lips.

"Which one did you burst?" He asked with a grin. I grinned back.

"Left one." I replied as he nodded his head.

"Left one." He repeated my answer. I nodded this time. We both were just smiling and standing beside Abhay's table.

"So I'll go, um to work." I said and left from there with heated face and uncontrobally beating heart.

********
Anushka's POV_

"Well hello! After like a lifetime, you finally remembered that you have a friend called Piyali." Piyali taunted through the phone making me roll my eyes.

"Oye Ms.Drama queen! My dear Piyali! How can I forget you? My best amigo! Pee loon to my emran hashmi. The amma of our banana trees." I replied in an overly sugarcoated voice.

"Enough enough! Well tell me all about your trip! That guy from the cafe also went with you guys no? Do not leave out a single detail. Wait! Just come over hear na!" Piyali said.

"Nah! I am not coming! Too tired to even move a finger." I moaned. I heard piyali heaving a sigh.

"Fine lazy ass! I am coming over there." Piyali said in an exasperated tone.

"Great! Bring me pizza on the way!" I said with a shamless grin on my face, even though she couldn't see it.

"Okay, fine!" She said and cut the call on me. I put the phone on my nightstand and closed my eyes for a quick nap, before Piyali comes with my love.

Mahi's POV_

"Please come na! It will be so fun!" Karan tried to butter to come to his friend's fairytale with a twist party. And no, I said friend, not friend's son or daughter.

"No I won't come! Because a, the party seems lame, b,tomorrow I have to go office."  I told him.

I could hear him grunt, through the phone.

"Please fiance! The party is so cool, you could become princess charming and me cinderellashwar!" Karan exclaimed making me roll my eyes.

"Stop calling me fiance karan, its weird as heck!" I told him.

"Oh so cinderellashwar,  you are fine with?" Chitra asked through Karan's phone.

"Of course not! What is that cinderellashwar? " I asked.

"I will wear blue kurta, pyjama and gamcha along with a blonde wig and moustache.Oh and the glass chappals! Basically its cindrella with bhojpuri touch!" Karan said making me cringe.

"Ugh Karan no just no." I refused for the umpteenth time.

"Babe I already got your outfit." Okay this did perk up my ear.

"What is it?" I asked, trying not to sound interested.

"That silverish gown you loved." Karan said. I frowned.

"You know I love that gown.." I trailed off in a small voice.

"Yes. To get that you have to come with me." He said. I let out groan but gave in.

"Fine! I'll come with you to this lame party." I said in a sulky voice.

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

*******
Anushka's POV_

"So that's what happened. " I narrated Piyali the whole story. From manali to Abhay's propose and of course about the infamously stupid gadhaa Jay and his confusion.

"Omg! Our Anu has not one but two admirers!" Piyali gushed making me scowl.

"Shut up piya!" I stated with a blank but scary face.

"Oh you know I won't! But I still can't believe you turned down this Veer dude. The way you described him, he seems like a hottie with a heart." Piyali said and I nodded.

"He is! Wait let me show you his photo." I said and showed piyali a photo of me and veer.

"Anu, I think jay is not the gaadha but you. How can you turn him down..but of course if you have your reserved by someone else." Piyali said and winked at me.

"I so know that you are hinting that human cum gadha. But let me tell you your assumption is false. My heart is not reserved for him but my laat is." I told her as she nodded.

"Of course!" She exclaimed with a knowing smile on her lips.

"Don't!" I warned her.

"I am not!" She laughed making me frown.

"So when are you going to clear his misconception?" She asked.

"I hope soon." I answered as she nodded.