Chapter 57

From then on, Christine and Erik sang together at the theater 6 times a week, once in the morning on a small stage outdoors while the audience enjoyed their breakfast, and once at night, in the beautiful auditorium with its majestic sculptures and its large red curtain. They usually sang music from the Classical or Romantic period, but Gaston allowed them to sing Religious songs, such as "Amazing Grace" or "Glory to God". They visited the Church mentioned to them that Sunday, and both of them loved it. They sat with Gaston and sincerely enjoyed the Sermon. No one even questioned Erik's mask.

    A few months later, he made the decision to be Baptized. Christine had been Baptized when she was little, but she didn't really know what the ceremony meant at the time. Therefore, she decided to do it again.
    On that clear summer morning, the couple woke up bright and early and headed to Church. They were given white robes to wear, and Erik was allowed to keep his mask and wig on. The group headed to a lake about half a mile away, and Erik made a public declaration of his Faith, smiling as he came up out of the water. Christine did so as well, except she wouldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day. When she was raised from the water, she walked onto the land and rushed into Erik's arms, overjoyed that both of them had committed to following God for the rest of their lives. He lifted her up and spun her around before setting her down and receiving an embrace from her.

    Everything was great in their lives, and they truly loved each other. Weeks flew by, and Erik knew what needed to be done.....

He needed to propose to her.

Before she came back to him, he had "hungered for someone to share his lonely life with". That someone had found him, and she had replaced the loneliness with a warm, unconditional feeling that caused him to smile every time he saw her. That feeling was love.
    One day, in between their morning and night concert, Erik asked Christine if he could socialize with Nadir for a few hours. She said "yes", and he was grateful, because he and his friend had already made plans for that day. They were to meet at the theater's doors at exactly 1:30 P.M. From there, they would walk to their horses and Erik would follow Nadir to a jewelry store about 10 minutes away. There, they would choose the perfect ring for Christine.
    The plan went perfectly, and the two companions looked at all sorts of rings, finally agreeing that a gold one with a heart-shaped diamond would be the best suited for Erik's lover. After purchasing it and traveling back to his workplace, Erik tried his best to greet Christine with a nonchalant, "Hello, my dear. I've returned.". She suspected nothing, and responded with a smile and an "I missed you!".

"I missed you more, believe me."

"Aw... I love you." She said as she closed their Bible, stood from her dressing room's couch, and walked to him.

She gently pressed her lips to his, and he smiled against hers. He pulled her close and kissed her, already daydreaming about what a life with her would be like. Holidays, birthdays, possibly pets... He was extremely excited to propose to her... he just didn't know when to do it.

(Alright guys, announcement time. Ready for this...? This story, "Fatal Flaw", is............... Almost over. I know, you don't want it to end. Neither do I. :'( But I'm starting high school, and I'm gonna be busy. So please enjoy the last few chapters of this phanfic, and thank you for reading. :) "Amazing Grace" is by John Newton, and sadly, I couldn't find the author of "Glory to God". I know there's a newer one, but the one I'm using in this story is the older one, which is more of a Hymn. God bless! P.S., When I was writing/reading over the Baptismal scene, Carrie Underwood's "Something in the Water" kept playing in my head. Did that happen to anyone else? XD)